Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: write a list of wah lum forms that you know

SD

Are you not allowed to ask Yao? That was hilarious Mantiskilla.

Yu what's up?
    Mk did you find what you were looking for?
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

no, i'am still waiting for the "frog report".
    Just smash it.

Yea Froggy, what happened to the "Frog Report"?

I'm working on it.
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

Yu Shan,
    reality can be funny.
    Just smash it.

How about we list the non-WL forms that we know. One confine this discussion to one style, let's expand the topic.

AFAIK, Lee Kwan Shan mixed his families Tam Tui style with Jut Sow Tong Long (wrestling hands) and named it Wah Lum after the old temple.

To be honest, I thought this thread was dead, but our friend Shaolin Dude brought it back to life. Yet no one is sharing what "forms" they know! There are some that I have just let go, and many that I think are very good. Forms like 16-hands and LOG are good for of course beg. I tell ya, WL first form is killer when you do 100 times in a row. My personal favs... Lil Mantis, 3rd form, 2nd form and of course BIG MANTIS! To me 36 hands is a waist of time, just a crazy group of movements, that don`t make any sense, JMO! And I do not teach any WL forms to this day.

Mediocrity,

What does AFAIK mean?

I don't want to ask yao. He'll think I am obsessed about wah lum. actually I am a little, but only because of the forms. I'll try to ask him to teach me traditional wah lum forms. I'm getting sick of learning wushu. usually he starts to teach more traditional forms when you're in his school for 4-5 years. I've been there for 2 yrs.

a few more questions to ask. is there a southern form in wah lum like the following, stand 45 degrees to your right and slowly rise your arms to shoulder level, step with left foot forward into dragon riding stance while arms come down crossed in front of your left knee blocking a low kick, right leg crosses in front of left leg in cross stance while hands remaining crossed blocks up for an oncoming overhead punch. left leg steps out into horse stance while arms seperate like you're holding up the world. I think that's enough already. you should get where I'm going.

is there a shortstaff form like this? hold stick in right hand, grab top of stick with left hand, sweep/block to your left while left leg golden rooster stance, step down into horse stance, hold stick horizontal in front of you, go into left bow stance while poking stick forward, sweep up again with right leg up. all the time you're walking to your left.

last question. are there forms with these names? green frost straight sword, soul chaser staff.

is there a broadsword form that start out in horse stance, right hand holding the guard like a wine glass, left palm next to right hand.

I know I'm asking alot. thanks in advance for your replies.

SD

If your sick of wushu and like the wah lum, why don't you just join a wah lum school??

Lee Kwan Shan mixed his families Tam Tui style with Jut Sow Tong Long (wrestling hands) and named it Wah Lum after the old temple.
    When did all the Southern stuff come into the system?

I agree. Join a Wah Lum school.

I typed all that and you guys didn't answer my questions.

mother****ers