Thread: Anti WT/WC

Anti WT/WC

Hi,

I will fight against some WC/WT guys in the future, and would like to know if somebodey have found thier "weak spot" e.g. if they lack something special in thier traning.

Should I use alot of foot play, like kicks to the knees, or should I go in and clinch with them ---> go to the ground??

Any thoughts??

Please!

I have never had any problems sparring wing chun guys. Simply cause most of them do not train full contact ENUF. They mostly do trapping drills. If u spar all the time u'll be able to tear in them cause as soon as they are hit...they'll freeze. Grappling is not even taught by most wing chun instructors. They have no way of countering takedowns cause they don't have wrestlers that realistically try to take them down. Most of their counters are based on interception but this leads to the first part I mention. Lack of sparring=lack of experience=they can't use their counter when they never properly trained against a resisting opponent, therefore they cannot see it coming.
    A

[colonized]
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Legend

I've been doing WC for 33 years and sadly you have hit the nail right on the head. Fortunately there are some of us WC people that don't fall into that category. We believe that if you don't train to fight you can't fight, period. There's a discussion going on here;
    http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...hreadid=27491. Got any input?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Non-contact is the death of any style.

Should I use alot of foot play, like kicks to the knees, or should I go in and clinch with them ---> go to the ground??
    Neither. Just ask him his opinion of the Emin/William Cheung film. Other things that work are questions about weighting, secret footwork, pivoting on heels vs pivoting on balls of feet and of course lineage. He'll be so busy explaining why you're wrong you could dress him up like a sheep, have your way with him and he's never even notice. Also never try to take a WC guy to the ground as you'll be countered by WC anti-grappling techniques.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Phil circular references to threads is both forbidden and confusing for me.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Rogue,
    I've seen many references from one thread to another. Can you direct me to the rule where it's forbidden?
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I'm onto your game Phil. I give you the link and you link it back here. Crafty WC guys.

DM

rouge

Sorry to disappoint you rouge but I'm not petty enough and I'm too old to play games. I really have no clue what you're getting at.
    Peace
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I don't think rogue is being overly serious here.

Interesting sidenote

Sifu Redmond...u are correct.

It's really not a big deal. Spar more and u'll have more compentent wing chun guys. The only problem with most wing chun schools is they only spar each other...so it's wing chun vs. wing chun...in terms of self defense...they should invite a boxer or/and wrestler type to train against. Hours and hours of live training will produce a decent wing chun fighter.
    A