Thread: The best fighting/training advice ever...

The best fighting/training advice ever...

A vast majority of martial arts questions can be answered with this advice, as well as many questions none of us knew we had...Hope you guys find this as helpful as I did..I was so happy to see this put into print!

A twenty-one-year-old student named Duo Mo demonstrated the Shaolin low kick. I held the kick pad at knee height, and he kicked it so hard it nearly ripped my arm off. I don't want him kicking the side of my knee like that. With the advent of the UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), and with the popularity of Muay Thai, in the West, we are all aware of the benefits of low kicks. But somehow we never practice them. After seeing Duo Mo kick, I thought, "What a crazy concept. If you want to be good at low kicks, you should practice low kicks."
    -Golden Arms-

Thats good advice, but not the best ever.

or you could be like in sparring class kick high and weak and it will count as a point. so obviously it will be very dangerous in real life

or kick them in the nuts or knee and get DQed, cause we know that nuts or knees are ineffective shots in real life.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Save you self the trouble of lifting you legs..
    Run in and punch him in the throat!
    Now thats a DQ!
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"

Let me revise this before this thread gets completely hijacked. The part that is good advice is that you can insert any technique in here, where the word low kick is used, and it works..stops people from debating things that they would find out if they just worked the @#$% out of the technique themselves.

What a crazy concept. If you want to be good at _____, you should practice _____
    -Golden Arms-

Hijacked!!!

Originally posted by Golden Arms

What a crazy concept. If you want to be good at _sex_, you should practice _jerking off_??_
    "Try to use that one legged crane stance when 50 sumo wrestlers are all around you, and then your going to get sumoed." - Ralek

Er... wouldn't you have sex to become better at sex?

Later...

depends - it you are wanting to improve your technique, then yes. but if you are trying to say, extend the duration you can last before ejaculation, then no.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Improving the duration I hear, can be improved with certain Yoga forms that focus on the flexibility/strength of the inner thigh and lower abdomen area.
    "Don't Focus on the Fingers or You will miss all the Heavenly Glory!"

Morbicid-"Maybe some moves are made just so that, if u somehow manage to pull them off in a fight, u get some serious bragging rights.

Many famous fighters have done this (roy jones jr, chuck norris, Morbicid, etc)"