Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron Palm

Iron Roller bar

I use a galvinized steel pipe about 2" in diameter and I have put steel shot into it. I then roll that over my forearm on all surfaces including the radius side which is very tender at first, as well as the underside of the forearm as well as the top.

I started out with small number of reps, lots of jow before and after along with massage. Add this to a Three Star routine and you will be able to withstand and give out great punishment with your lower arms strikes/blocks. I added a rep per week to slowly condition the bones to take the abuse.

Peace,

Dale

figure this...qi is lifeforce right..so being the level of concious qi and the need to concentrate and conrtol it in any hard qigong branch..why would you think that when cultivating at full, you should receive any ailent or ill health ..that is of course until you stop or comprimise.

Chi is a force that can be good, bad or indifferent. When chi gets stuck, stagnant, excessive or deficient...it will have negative consequences on the body, mind and spirit. Also, many who control chi can also have negative consequences.

GHD
    ...ask for Kam
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Fool me once, then shame on you. Fool me twice, then shame on me"

exactly....negotiable longevity is a virtue (for want of better words) of jhana. ( levels of altered consciouness)........so how's your vigilence?
    Last edited by blooming lotus; 12-26-2003 at 06:27 PM.

Man, you should stop posting when you are high.

GHD
    ...ask for Kam
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Fool me once, then shame on you. Fool me twice, then shame on me"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Dale-do NOT use galvanized steel for training. There is a chemical compond used in the galvanizing process that is dangerous to absorb into the skin. I am not sure of what, but you should look into it before proceeding.

no need to worry...

I have it covered brother, but thanks for the heads up anyway. I wrapped the pipe in duct tape. No contact with the steel. I have a kung fu brother who uses logs and rolls them on his arms. His arms are like diamonds from that. Though he takes internal dit da pills as well as using loads of jow for that.

Thanks again.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

In Boston,

Dale Dugas

we use metal bars for palm strikes, and forearm work

and metal blocks (with some kind of bean bags in them) for downward hammerfist strikes (gow choy)

dont know what types of beans they are

from memory the tit dar jowl we use is very good when i used it

it never "really" did anything

however after a few months, my hands and arms really became as impervious to pain, and strong beyond my wildest expectations

- feelgood story of the year

Use attack as your indestructable spirit

iron bar

We used to do that on our forearms and shins. We'd roll it on our forearms in horse stance, then pop it across to a partner using our elbows, tossing it back and forth. The shin thing we would do alone, just siting on the floor with our legs stretched out. We used a steel bar that was brown from oxidation.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

bakc in my thai boxing days I had a re-inforced carbord tibe that was 4 inches in diameter, 1 inch thick, with metal inserts on the inside to make it very strong....this thing was stronger than a baseball bat! to conditon the shin I used to put it on the floor, kneel my shins on it and roll forwards and backwards....so painfull at firts, but I got used to it and it gave me shins of steel! Havent got the tube anymore and havent done that in a few years so my shins are just 'ok' now and not as great as they once were.

My Shifu (Lu Jun Hai, heir to Mizong Quan and Qing-Ping Jian) knows Iron palm and his father was famous for it...but as far as i know he never uses DDJ. I'll ask him.

We dont use it on our foreaam conditioning either...but ours is done muscle to muslce not bone to bone so there is no real need. I dont know if Lu Shifu ever did conditioning on his bones...but his arms are like diamon, yet they are slender.
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

Originally posted by stimulant
    We dont use it on our foreaam conditioning either...but ours is done muscle to muslce not bone to bone so there is no real need.
    What happens if you ever get hit bone-on-bone in a fight? Wouldn't you get hurt since there's no conditioning there?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

I've wondered the same thing....

but my shifus arms (bones and muscles) are like iron....so it obviously works for him! people who do weight training getting strong bones from the tendons place stress on the bone when the weight is lifted....possibly something similar places on conditoning when it is muscle to muscle.

interestingly we do have top of foot to top of foot conditioning (OUCH!) and heel to heel. Is just that the arms seem to be limited to muscle for now (been training 4.5 years in this style so far).

He also tells us to practise our arm conditioning on trees if we dont have a partner.
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.