Thread: SAS Training Techniques

SAS Training Techniques

Was watching a programme on TV last night here in the UK which shows the SAS in training (with there faces blurred of course), how they deal with different scenarious etc.

It was interesting to see that when they did empty hand to hand and empty hand against a knife attack the techniques were nearly identical to that of mantis techniques that I have come across in my training so far, you could even spot the horse stance there used for take-downs :-)

Just thought it might be of interest to you all.

Keef
    Keef

From what I was told, the SAS engage MA experts from many different styles to help train their hand to hand skills. The only requirement is that the teacher has to be able to fight
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

SAS don't receive any formal H2H. Individual members may train in various things but there is no "official" style
    www.systemauk.com
    "Remember it's not a move, it's just a movement" Vasiliev

SAS don't receive any formal H2H. Individual members may train in various things but there is no "official" style
    Yes I think your right however, I came across a post on a Military Forum that said the SAS use Wing Chun but who knows, my friend is a Police Marksman and an ex-sas member apparently teaches them in self defense every few months, the things my friend has been taught certainly resemble Wing Chun from what he has shown me.

I live less than 1km as the crow flies from the Oz SAS barracks. We hear the gunfire every now and then, sometimes at midnight, sometimes at midday. They've got cool artificial urban environments. Lots of Blackhawk action sometimes. Lots of parachuting. Once, my mum watched a troop parachuting. One didn't open. Apparently he was found in someone's backyard. It was hushed up in the media.

Anyway, I keep meaning to ask one of the guys what they do. They all go to the same barber that I do . My school advertises in the yellow pages that they've trained the SAS (in WC). Never asked about it. Apparently a lot of schools say that, so that would reinforce the "study what they want" idea.

Actually, my neighbour across the road is an ex-SAS copter pilot. Flew in 'Nam, so he was there for a while. Dunno how long in the SAS, or if a copter pilot means he is SAS, or just a special branch of Air Force. Might ask him.

Originally posted by bob10
    From what I understand, they do get some basic H2H training (mainly for when they have to do covert work) but you are correct in that there is no official style.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.