Thread: Fast Strikes and FootWork

realkungfubrasil Guest

Fast Strikes and FootWork

Hi everybody. We are the Ortodoxous System of Kung-Fu, from Rio Barsil and we practice Choy Li Fut and Xing-Yi styles. From our own experiences in Rio hard-core streets, to be fast is important, but more important is to strike lethal parts of the body and with powerfull. What usually happens to the majority of so-called kung-fu people here is because they don't learn how to fight in chinese tradition, they learn the forms (katis) and fight only in tournaments with many protection and rules. We usually react in base, and do our foot-work changing bases while striking. What are the favourite techniques of kung-fu people in US today?? What do you usually use in combat?? By myself I like to combine a tsop-choy, plus palm-jabs to enclose the combat. To finalize, I prefer a sowchoy or knee or elbow strike.
    Thanks for the attention,Sincerelly,
    Bruno, Senior Student

------------------

nospam Guest
    Howdy Bruno.

"What are the favourite techniques of kung-fu people in US today?? What do you usually use in combat??"

That is a very wide open question. All depends on the style or styles practised. My favourite techniques involves tsap choi/fut cheung/sau choi and the all familiar straight reverse punch.

And like ya said, hitting the proper areas is important not to just the fight outcome, but to the delivery and use of each specific technique.

kungfuswack Guest
    Hi, I'm a JKD/Jiu-Jitsu guy, so a lot of these terms are a little lost on me, but in a street fight, I usually hit a lot of facial shots, and move into a clinch as soon as possible with a knee to the stomach or groin, and keep hammering with elbows and overhands on the face, with knees into the stomach and sides of the legs until something happens. Usually it goes to the ground, and I fight for knee-up or mount, and pound the face about 12 times. So far, I've only been in 2 streetfights, and both opponants ran(stumbled)away. I try to keep it as simple as possible, so that I can remember it when under stress and scared. I'd be interested in hearing some of your ideas on alternatives to destruction/interception, enterance, termination formula JKD often follows.

nospam Guest
    "I'd be interested in hearing some of your ideas on alternatives to destruction/interception, enterance, termination formula JKD often follows."

Huh? I dunno getya?

Keeping it simple is the only way to go. But basically, simple gets as simple is. In otherwords [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] whatever comes in, goes out.