Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sure that a pro football player could kick chuck norris any day

borya_00 Guest

I'm sure that a pro football player could kick chuck norris any day

all u martial arists are fake. It's like when some dweeb with a brown belt attacked me in 7th grade. he was taller then me and he could kick above my nose, but i just played soccer and wasn't afraid of nobody. when he tried to kick me in the nose i just i blocked him, and when he tried to kick me in the balls, i also blocked him. when he tried to punch me, i again blocked him. in the end i just grabbed him by his chest and threw him on the ground and pounded him.

and now that i'm 6'1 and 210lb of athletic muscle i just don't see how these tiny chinese kung fu masters, who are half my size can kick my ass. It's like having a boxing match between a light-weight and Vladimir Klitchko. U just don't need skills if u're bigger.

Why don't you go challenge Mario Sperry or Mark Coleman to a fight, see how much your soccer helps you then. Or how about Matt Hughes, he's only 5 '9 and 165lbs. You'd be crying for your mother.

[This message has been edited by Vitor29 (edited 08-12-2000).]

jimmy23 Guest
    ok,man ,go fight frank shamrock,tito or sakuraba,all smalller than you and all would bend ya over easy [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

origenx Guest
    Bruce Lee encountered many guys like you in his day. And many were "baptised" by him when he proceeded to kick their *sses. I guarantee you some of the smallest oldest Chinese masters out there are actually the most powerful and dangerous. But, that's something you will never believe until you experience it for yourself.

JKDjeetKuneDo Guest
    Empty Your Cup.....
    Look at bruce lee, he was small, but you wouldnt last one second with him, put it this way, ive been studying jkd all my life, and if bruce lee was alive and he attacked me, my main line of defence would be lay on the ground with my arms behind my back, and be yelling im sorry. so dont screw with little chinese masters, you will die.
    Keith (GrasHopper)

LeviathanX Guest
    I would have to agree that it might be possible for a brown belt to lose in a fight, just as it is possible for a grandmaster to lose in a fight. The difference is that the brown belt has significantly less training than the grandmaster and may not have the best judgment on fighting skill (i.e. he/she might know the moves, but the application is not yet apparent to them).

Don't compare the fighting skills of a brown belt with a normal person, compare the fighting skills of a black belt or above with a normal person.

You speak out of ignorance, and that is very dangerous. I doubt your soccer kicks are going to save you in a knife fight. It is good to know how to defend yourself with tested moves that have worked for millenia.

Hey... if this stuff didn't work, why would warriors be trained in it for thousands of years? They sure as hell weren't playing soccer.

origenx Guest
    Although getting more training and a higher belt may represent advancement compared to yourself, different people start out at different levels so you can't compare people across the board like that. There are certainly many no-belts that can whup black belts, and vice-versa.

Kymus Guest
    The color of the belt means nothing. Neither does size. I am 5'9" and weigh 145 lbs. I find it rather easy to take out bigger people who rely on strength. Go challenge dan inosanto. The man is 70 years old and could run circles around you. You obviously know nothing about the science of fighting. Go find somewhere else to cause trouble. The troll position has already been filled by word.

------------------
    "Crosstraining is the key"
    ~Sifu Rick Tucci~

LeviathanX Guest
    I used the term black belt loosely. What I intended to convey was that a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous. A brown belt has a little bit of knowledge, but typically doesn't know how to control that knowledge or use it practically. A black belt is supposed to represent someone more experienced in the martial arts (I used it merely as an example, and not to describe ALL black belts).

The point is, a martial artist is trained on the methods of fighting, in general someone trained to know how to fight will win over someone who is not. Of course, there are always exceptions.

kungfuswack Guest
    Of course size matters. I'm 5'7", and I'm there's no point in lying to myself. The best I could do against a 200lb guy is fight dirty, be totally commited to beating the crap out of him, and hopefully survive. Martial artists get sold all sorts of crap about how an old man uses chi to stop a huge attacker. Bull****.

jimmy23 Guest
    "The best I could do against a 200lb guy is fight dirty, be totally commited to beating the crap out of him, and hopefully survive."
    I hope you arent saying that youd fight a smaller opponent less vigorously?I weigh 240,and if I fought a 120 pounder Id do just like you said.Of course,I have the distinct training advantage of having had the poo beat out of me by someone smaller on several occasions [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

origenx Guest
    kungfuswack - I wouldn't be so sure that 80 yo masters beating up big young guns are just urban legends. Although I've never seen such a fight actually take place (course, how many 20 yo's do you see pickin a fight with an 80 yo, or vice versa?), I have been administered a demo 1" punch by a late 60s master to make me a believer.

Course, people like this are usually to be found in China, or at least have grown up there.

chokeyouout2 Guest
    I know this guy is trying to be funny.But if your serious come to Rickson Gracies tournament on the 20th of this month and enter the absolute class fights.You might win, who knows.You never know until you try. peace you can get the info on the tourney at www.intheguard.com

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by borya_00:
    all u martial arists are fake. It's like when some dweeb with a brown belt attacked me in 7th grade. he was taller then me and he could kick above my nose, but i just played soccer and wasn't afraid of nobody. when he tried to kick me in the nose i just i blocked him, and when he tried to kick me in the balls, i also blocked him. when he tried to punch me, i again blocked him. in the end i just grabbed him by his chest and threw him on the ground and pounded him.

and now that i'm 6'1 and 210lb of athletic muscle i just don't see how these tiny chinese kung fu masters, who are half my size can kick my ass. It's like having a boxing match between a light-weight and Vladimir Klitchko. U just don't need skills if u're bigger.
    [/quote]

I love reading posts like yours. I wish I could be there when you get educated about Chinese boxing. There are plenty of small guys and women who could kick your butt and because you think they can't it'll take them less time to do it.
    Good luck [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

totallyfrozen Guest
    A book I have says that Bruce Lee was 5'8" and 150 lbs.
    There is no record of any actual, real life fight that Bruce Lee was in that ever lasted more than 4 seconds. I have documentary videos with this information. During the filming of Enter The Dragon, he had been challenged by a number of Chinese "tough guys" in Hong Kong because they didn't like him being an American movie star and looking so tough with his kung-fu. One guy he knocked out in one move...the whole fight took one second. Another time..the longest fight...was only 4 seconds and it took him only 3 moves to knock the guy out cold.
    Believe what you want...it doesn't offend me.