Congradulations 8step, your personal "wannabe" comment has just graduated you from incompetent to jerk.

I offered up advice of my own, try reading the thread before opening your (virtual) mouth.

You cannot move your body faster than the end of the baseball bat. You may be fast enough to evade a bat (or punch) but that is accomplished by moving a shorter distance. The bat is the end of a lever about 5' long. Your 200lb body has no lever to accellerate it. The end of a bat is probibly moving around good pitch speed (say 75mph) the most you can hope to move your body is 20.

"running to gain distance" So, you are faster than every person in this imaginary gang? You must be, not one of them has stayed close enough to bonk you on the head when you bend over.

"From actual streetfighting experience"

You're own? I doubt it from the advice you are giving (wait, you didn't give any advice, guess you did the same thing you accused me of)

I never argued pepper spray was not useful. I just said it was beyond the scope of the question. You could just as easily said "run them over with your car" or "shoot them with your gun".
"Are you a moron?"

Real professional debate you offer up.

"Of course you want to be close to the opponent so that he can't make use of his extention."

Punching range is the sweet spot on the bat. You want to be much closer than that. Give a friend a bat, stand at punching range, see how much of a wallop that bat packs at that range.

"You obviously know nothing about combat of any kind. Please leave the board to people who can actually offer advice."

And your skills were learned from a crakerjack box. Go try boxing a guy with a baseball bat and tell me how it turned out when you get out of the hospital.

BTW, to everone else, sorry for the derigority statements, he started it ;-)