Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Bats!!

JerryLove Guest
    Actually 8step, you kinda get your wish. I will be in the hospital the next 4-8 weeks (Bone Marrow Transplant). So unless there is an internet connection in the hospital, you get that long to spread the manure you call advice unchecked.

8stepsifu Guest
    Now why would you tell me that? Does somebody want to be felt sorry for? Poor baby I guess you weren't an ignorant jerk after all. I stand by my comments and refuse to break them down for you even more. Most people understood what I was saying the first time, but your not here to understand, your here to **** on legs. Good riddance.

Qiman Guest
    Curve balls and sliders with a good hard fast ball is the best way to beat a guy with a bat. Oh sorry, wrong sport. Yes you would need to close (fast) when they chamber to start the swing. If you can grab the bat with both hands use elbow strikes in close and dissarm the bandit.

Of course running would be my first effort.

JerryLove Guest
    Ohh, fun with translations :-)

"Now why would you tell me that?"

To answer rather than translate, because I didn't want you to feel too unloved when I didn't respond the the drivel you would no doubt post.

"Does somebody want to be felt sorry for? Poor baby I guess you weren't an ignorant jerk after all."

Tranlation: Lacking anything informative, I will try to escilate the flame war. Plus I forgot who called who an ignorant jerk because I cannot read a thread.

"I stand by my comments and refuse to break them down for you even more."

Translation: Even though I never broke down or defended my comments, I cannot counter your points and so I will try to act smug and hope noone notices my opinions don't have a leg to stand on.

"Most people understood what I was saying the first time"

Tranlation: Even *I* don't know what I was thinking.

"but your not here to understand, your here to **** on legs."

Tranlation: I'm here to **** on legs and yours seems good since your leaving.

"Good riddance."

Tranlation: I'm hoping your ego is as fragile as mine and this will make you feel bad. I'm sure no one will think the worse of me.

JerryLove Guest
    Qiman...

I agree, closing within the danger area of the bat (assuming it is held as a bat, see my original post) is the primary concern. I don't know that I agree about closing pre-swing. I don't know what method of closing you are suggesting, but it seems it would be safer to close following a swing. After the swing, it will take longer to recover and swing again. If you go in before the swing, I would be worried about getting caught.

Once you are in, I don't think I would worry about disarming the bat, just take them down and finish the fight. Of course, this perspective is from the way my art fights, I can see where some other arts (Thai Boxing for example) would be more interested in a disarm.

Jaguar Wong Guest
    "If you must fight run around until you find a good sized rock and pelt them with it."

Yeah, but if he's good agaist the curve, or slider, then you don't have any hope of hitting them with the rock unless you've got a 90+ fastball. I won't even mention bunting.

I do apoligize, it seemed
    like a good idea at the time.

------------------
    Jaguar Wong
    www.superaction.com

jimmy23 Guest
    dam jerry hope it goes well for ya,thats some serious stuff there.good luk man.

HAMMERFIST Guest
    I'm brand new to this forum & I don't know how you all feel about cross training. But, one cool thing about Fillipino MA's is some of their defense's against real or street weapons- with or without a Kali stick. More often without-in reality. If you can find a FMA instructor, get him to show you the baseball bat defenses. They are pretty easy to learn & do work if applied correctly. I personally don't feel the FMA's have a lot to offer in the striking or grappling ranges, but once again, the weapons techniques are pretty cool.
    My 2 cents

------------------
    Those pine boards had it commin to them-besides, I'm not allowed to hit real people!!!

video: Baseball bat fight in ChinaTown

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Barst...rts/videos/37/

Notice the kung fu kick right before shirtless gets whacked the 2nd time.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

what was that exactly?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    what was that exactly?
    The sound of one head clanging.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

drunken idiots screaming at random cars for no apparent reason, followed by irate driver crushing pin head with his bat? Am I close??

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

All I could think is that if they'd tried that **** here in Oakland, someone woulda shot their stupid azzes dead within the first couple of seconds...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    All I could think is that if they'd tried that **** here in Oakland, someone woulda shot their stupid azzes dead within the first couple of seconds...
    looked like Boston, maybe Philly?

white people walking safely at night what kind of chinatown is this