Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My lame confrontation

As a person who has taken a punch to the face while wearing glasses, you should be thankful that they had the "courtesy(if you will)" to take them off before giving you a sissy pummeling. The Situation is fuct and I have sympathy for you. But you did the right thing, friend. An eye for an eye leaves the world blind. Karma will catch up to the pikies, and maybe the gypsy *******s will get what they deserve.

I have a perma-croked noes thanx to a shot to the face while wearing glasses. But thats okay considering what I did to ol' buddy I pheonix-eye fisted on the bridge of the nose.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

turribli parshall totha perriwinkl blew.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Lots of people in England use the owrd pikies instead of townies, which I prefer, because it doesn't come with the racial connotation.

a townie is just a low life scumbag, puffa, kappa tracksuit trousers, hanging around the local convenience store, about 14-20 yrs old, baseball cap, reebok classics.

lots of people say pikie when they mean townie.

Lots wrong with this story as a martial artist

If you and your friend wanted to be left alone you should have moved to a car without hyped up kids in it (I'm guessing these people had to be between 16 and 25). Once the original verbal altercation began, and you could not deesculate it, move!

It being to late to do that, you SHOULD HAVE BEEN SCARED. Caught sitting while attacked by numerouas people and not scared? Did you consider they could have been armed? That's the only thing you should ever assume.

No reason to "turn the switch"? You have a black eye ... how are they?

What good is your training if it hasn't taught you awareness (situational as well as general), the importance of position (remaining seated as people you just had a conflict with pass), and general combatives. I use the word combatives because you did defend yourself. You held your hands up I'm sure while they kept punching you.

Don't defend. Avoid! And when you can't, destroy.

I don't blame you though, I blame the general state of martial arts as viewed through the filter of this bulletin board where everyone is too busy "Taking the Correct" and doing various things with it instead of critically viewing their training.

A hockey player would have fought back! Why not a martial artist.

Re: Lots wrong with this story as a martial artist

Originally posted by EvolutionFist

A hockey player would have fought back! Why not a martial artist.
    A hockey player that fights feels that he has something to prove. A martial artist doesn't. Some martial artists probably feel that if need be they could sqwash whatever "beef" arises. Some street punks are ignorant like that and will throw a sucker punch and run like little children. An experienced fighter knows that they could end that persons life right then and there if they really wanted to and chooses not to. I think having a more controlled/peaceful mindset gives more patience tolerance levels to experienced fighters. Those losers were obviously bored and decided to be ****wads and pick a fight. I would've felt sorry for them too.

That's bull$hit and I hope you are wise enough to know why.

CaptainPickAx now has a rearanged nose, this other guy has a black eye. Yes, martial arts has prevented me from having to engage in full out fights in the past. Not too long ago a big guy grabbed me at an after hours and the way I handled it showed he should calm down a bit... and he did. Problem solved.

But people actually striking you? You let them? Because it displays the inner peace you gained as a martial artists?

My friend, you are so lost even the phony balogna meditation you are referring to can't help. Do us all a favor and stop saying you study martial arts. Take up yoga, knitting. But to train in a combat system and state the above? I just don't get it.

Maybe you think if you just lie there they will be nice enough and stop after while, when THEY think you've had enough. Good technique! Is that shaolin?

I agree with EF. Like I said in my previous post... I reacted in much the same way in highschool. I don't know why but most of the time that was just the reaction of my body and mind... to not react and take it. I don't know why I did some times to defend myself and not others. I don't think me just "accepting" the attack has anything to do with training, as my only training was wrestled, and everything to do with how my mind works.

Psychology should play a big part in self defense

Originally posted by EvolutionFist
    That's bull$hit and I hope you are wise enough to know why.

CaptainPickAx now has a rearanged nose, this other guy has a black eye. Yes, martial arts has prevented me from having to engage in full out fights in the past. Not too long ago a big guy grabbed me at an after hours and the way I handled it showed he should calm down a bit... and he did. Problem solved.

But people actually striking you? You let them? Because it displays the inner peace you gained as a martial artists?

My friend, you are so lost even the phony balogna meditation you are referring to can't help. Do us all a favor and stop saying you study martial arts. Take up yoga, knitting. But to train in a combat system and state the above? I just don't get it.

Maybe you think if you just lie there they will be nice enough and stop after while, when THEY think you've had enough. Good technique! Is that shaolin?
    point taken. I am wrong.

Its kinda hard to dodge/block a punch in my situation. I've told this story before, so its old news. There were 4 factors to my crooked nose:

1. I was drunk
    2. Multiple Advasaries
    3. White belt in Shaolin-Do with no previous Martial Experience
    4. The strike was a blindside attack.

Now, I don't know who that last statement about quiting martial arts was aimed at, so I'm letting that sit on the sidelines right now. I don't have crooked nose because I let some chump smack me around. Its because I stood up in the face of opposition and broke it's nose, opposition's cousin to the right of me was the cause of my crooked nose.

and that is why today, I wouldn't of fought. I try to never put myself in a situation where I'm out numbered.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Captain, wasn't referring to your case, but:

1) Drunk ... strike one

2) multiples ... OK, nothing you can do about that. That's the variable.

3) White belt (nothing you can do about that either) in Shaolin Do ....

Captain, wasn't referring to your case, but:

1) Drunk ... strike one

2) multiples ... OK, nothing you can do about that. That's the variable.

3) White belt (nothing you can do about that either) in Shaolin Do,.

4) Blind sided ... strike two. How does someone get behind, next to you unoticed? Training, training, awereness, awereness.

Nobody wants to engage multiples. Few want to fight one on one anyway. But once they start, you have to deal with it. Chosing to do nothing is a bad choice. Defending enough to clear an escape is at least something. Don't rely on the other's compassion. HELP YOURSELF!

Sorry to hear about your past experience. To me, that is more motivation to learn to control a violent situation, not turn my back on it and hope it goes away.

I live in NY and spend more time in places that I shouldn't be by myself but nothing ever happens. Watch your surroundings and peoples' behavior. Notice the roudy drunks up the block and cross. Notice a train car packed with youths late at night and get in another car. Get that glass bottle of Snapple for the short walk to the subway ... makes people think, maybe even twice. Buy a Spyder Co pocket knife ... very inexpensive. I never want to use it, but I'll pull it if confronted by two, let alone 5. You never know the other guy's heart. They may have no thought about leaving you for dead. Two childhood class mates (karate) died to pipes to the head in Newark. The other guys just didn't stop.

Hope for the best and to surrounded by kindness. Prepare for the worst and for malicious intent.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 12-23-2003 at 02:53 PM.

Drunkness...Strike One, Two, and Three. It completely fux your skills up...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

D@mn right
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

ok i wasn't tottally drunk but i wasn't totally sober so thats strike one for me.

"4) Blind sided ... strike two. How does someone get behind, next to you unoticed? Training, training, awereness, awereness.
    "

in my situation they were getting off the training, most of the group were either off the train or by the door behind me. one of the first ones that got off even said merry christmas as he was getting off (i think he was a bit embarrassed of his drunken mates) so my "alert level" kinda went down. we didn't go to a different carriage because their weren't many seats and my mate really needed to sit down.

if i had the chance i would've wanted to have kept one of them on and chuck them off at a station they dont know (it was the last train) rather than beat the crap out of them. but that didn't happen so im not gonna think about it too much. i've learnt alot from this situation and i consider myself lucky to have learnt this lesson without getting hurt too much (it could've been alot worse!!).

my black eye's gone now! woo!

i'll try to write more if i get the time.

cheers for all the feedback peeps!
    ________
    VAPORIZER AFFILIATE
    Last edited by stubbs; 03-18-2011 at 01:09 PM.

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing." - pilot's proverb.