Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video posted + shameless plug

Video posted + shameless plug

http://www.apoweyn.net/martialarts/v...alentine09.wmv

Big file. I recommend saving it first then watching it. I'm not sure it transfered over all the way--let me know.

Take a look at what I'm doing from the bottom--I'm generally controlling his wrists or breaking his posture (when I'm not getting neckcranked by his enormous pythons....).

That's how you handle strong people--or people trying to beat you into a bloody paste when you are on bottom--control the wrists, control posture. It makes it very hard to throw punches with power and connect.

You use the same strategy grappling-only--it can be pretty successful.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

**** dialup! Can't wait to see it MP.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

"pain is not my enemy; it is my call to greatness. " - Henry Rollins

Baltimore San Shou

WWW.NLPF.NET

“The only undefeated fighters are those who do not compete.” – Coach Sonnon, MMA.tv

Nice work!
    Question, when you swept him, did you not have the mount fully secured? He rolled you back over pretty quickly, and I thought he might have had you in half guard, but couldn't fully tell.

MP, aren't you supposed to make them pay for the neck crank attempt with an armlock

(good job by the way... great sweep and nice kneebar attempt )
    Last edited by truewrestler; 12-23-2003 at 12:28 PM.

Nice fight. He looked like a strong mo fo. What were you going for when you grabbed behind his head while you had had him mounted? Why did you think he wouldn't be able to roll you to that side? Not taking a dig at all. I'm just curious.

I knew that there wasn't much time left, I had my points, and didn't care to try and maintain mount. I like the guard, I knew he couldn't pass, and I'd seen him whoop up on a couple of guys earlier once he HAD gotten by--excellent side control. I prefered to go back to something that I knew was working for me.

And he was VERY strong. I had a sore back for days.

In a striking environment, I would've stayed right where I was... but mount is actually pretty hard to maintain--I probably would have switched to side control.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

Merry, what sort of match was this? Also, would you say he was a good grappler?

He was a D1 college wrestler, so I'd say he was a good grappler. His base was excellent as was his athleticism. His attributes (strength, explosiveness, agility) were superior to mine.

My strategy for dealing with him was to slow him way the hell down and continually break his posture.

This was a no-gi match under NAGA rules.

This clip is at ap's website no?

Over at www.defend.net they say lloyd gives out black belts.

strike!

Originally posted by yenhoi
    This clip is at ap's website no?
    Yep.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Over at www.defend.net they say lloyd gives out black belts.
    Not to his face they don't.

DM

looks like it took a lot of effort.

straight wrestling no striking allowed at that?

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

MP, would LLoyds blue print be helpful for non-grapplers?

DM