Thread: breaken stuff

Crouching Tiger Guest

breaken stuff

I guess most of you guys break stuff, right?

when you hit some guy like you break a brike or a wooden board, in the head, does it feel the same? I used to break boards easy, but when i hit a guy, my hand broke in 3 places. Took it about a year to feel the same again. Now I ussualy kick the boards, but I never hit a brick yet. Is it the same as breaking a head?

totallyfrozen Guest
    Well, in my school, we don't break boards and bricks. One of my sensei's favorite sayings comes from Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon. He said, "Boards don't hit back" So we don't break stuff.
    However, a persons head is round...not flat like a board...so it can absorb and enormous impact without damage. Also, a person's head is going to be moving (at least a little) which will mess with your range and timing, right?
    Also, even though the skull is a bone, all the stuff in and around the skull isn't...adding to the flexibility of the target.
    In a nutshell, a human head is not as brittle as a board...AND...the bone is bigger than the bones in your hand...AND...it is round making it able to absorb alot of shock; where as, your hand is not.

------------------
    "There is only ONE martial art"

Crouching Tiger Guest
    Hey man - thanks for the info, I really appreciate it!

I broke some pine boards a last week - smashed through them with the old karate punch - no problem. I think this is the easiset wood to break though. Any clue what the next level of wood I should try?

Oh yeah, I love Bruce Lee too! but he was a master board breaker too - I think he jsut said that in his movie.

overdemon Guest
    Kung fu don't break boards
    if you wanna break bricks
    break it without a bridge
    just on the floor [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

8stepsifu Guest
    May I suggest getting a "BOB". They are awesome. A bit flimsy and wobbly, but the angles for smacking someone are as good as you can get. BTW when are they gonna make robots for us to train with?