Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: serious question about taoist sexual alchemy?

jing means mechanism ( which could be a feeling...thought....action/s.....frequency etc) ...essence self explanatory. convert by detatchment

blooming lotus

Fascinating,

What the He77 does that mean? The classics state to convert Jing into Qi and Qi into Shen. Now we have Essense and the conversion process. So you're saying the conversion process is to get out of the way and let it happen naturally? Can you clarify/expand on that statement?

I'm going to start a thread which I like to explore/clarify/and define the processes of Qi Gong without the esoteric blah blah blah.

Lightbulb excellent points blooming lotus

mixing up your karma with a person's unknown known karma could be dangerous. I didn't think of that possiblity.

I believe if it is your life's partner this could bring you to higher spiritual levels but if that person has mixed up dangerous karma then it could bring you backwards. great point!

woliveri, www.littlenineheaven.com James MacNeil has videos on this subject

Mantak Chia has books on this sbuject

Daniel Reid has a book call the "Tao of health, sex and longevity"

It is also mention in a number of books.

Boneset (just a quick response),

I'm not trying to be rude but why do I need to look at your sources when I have knowledgeable people on this board and I'd like to hear what they say.

they've had articles on this in every men's magazine. there's nothing taoist about it, plus it's totally useless skill if you think about it

from vice magazine
    Last edited by jun_erh; 12-28-2003 at 02:03 PM.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Well, semen retention is not useless as far as I'm concerned. However, what to do after, or the next step of conversion is what I'm inquiring about. What is the technique of conversion?

Also, regarding Karma. Where do you guys come up with this? I'm not certain that I buy into this at all.

All I can suggest here for the moment is to bring yourself up to speed. Read about your eight Jhanas and "Do" them. You know, as much as a person might want to see a starving horse fed, and takes pleasure in bringing that horse water and oats, unless that person was a vet and that horse was a client of that vet...If the horse was truly hungry, one would have to assume he would figure out how to chew and swallow all on his own..sorry dude...at some stage..we all have to do our own research according to what we need to know.....ball's with you

Pls also see the "sword of Manjushri" and the concepts of " sanna" (perception), "ekaggata" ( one-pointedness of m)ind, and if you're still up for clarity pls see sila (orality), sukha(joy) piti( delight/euphoria) ( also detatchment of) and "siddhis" (paranoral powers. also cultivate your samaditthi sutta ( giving precedence to insight practice) ....Please excuse me. Look forward to hearing what you discover

Remember that crucial to the 5th Jhana is non attention to diversity...which a partner and their progreesing enlightments would cause. They are evolving beings with their own spiritual agenda.....If the relationship is one of mind and body, this is yang...opposing concept....one's ch'an experiences are first relevant to themselves and their place in evoloution....where is your partner in reguard to that??? ...and do you want to be subject to the reaction that occurs when being enlightened together but with differing seats and percption??? It is wise to do this alone....I dunno folks...happy evoloutions to all
    a mi tou fo

Here's what I found:

Renowned and experienced masters of Buddhist meditation are generally agreed on the point that Jhana is not necessary or a prerequisite for Vipassana Meditation. For example, in the book Living Buddhist Masters (Formerly published under BPS, this book has since been retitled Living Dharma by Shambala) by Jack Kornfield, all the 12 masters written about, clearly stated or indicated that one can do Vipassana without cultivating any Jhana.

http://www.angelfire.com/indie/anna_...vip-jhana.html

I would also ask, since we now seem to be talking about Buddhist Spiritual techniques and not Taoist Alchemy, what is the success rate of Buddhist enlightenment?

Re: blooming lotus

Originally posted by woliveri
    Fascinating,

What the He77 does that mean? The classics state to convert Jing into Qi and Qi into Shen. Now we have Essense and the conversion process. So you're saying the conversion process is to get out of the way and let it happen naturally? Can you clarify/expand on that statement?

I'm going to start a thread which I like to explore/clarify/and define the processes of Qi Gong without the esoteric blah blah blah.
    "can you explain/clarify on that statement?"

you asked me to write a book, I offered some on my reading material then you, snap at me and say, "why do I need this?"

you can learn from whoever you like. I find it helps to corroberate information to weed out the BS.

jun-erh, I didn't know you get your spiritual training information from men's sex mags, and you are the one telling me my interests are BS....LOL...! Do some real research....when you do you will find that it leads right back to some of the principles discussed in this post.

woliveri, regarding karma

karma is simply fate, I am sure people can put more into it but basically it boils down to fate with a slightly deeper meaning.

American Speak:
    so what I was saying was if she is a shallow nympo-horn dog without any spiritual development then I would be hurting my spirit just to learn said technique. getting intimately involved with someone on a lower spiritual path can bring you down to their level, I.E. The Jerry Springer show!

NEW AGE Speak:

Her karma is on a lower path than my karma.

Lower nothing...paths with different intimate objectives is was I was talking about. Sincere appologies if I have offended anyone. I offer what information I have with what time I have. Recently I have done copious study, research and have put in here big time...I'm sorry......I'm just busy now.....

I hate to leave with the last word but Jhana means altered states of conciousness and if they think this is unneccessary...I am definately disaggreeing.....The idea is to leave your physical minds' perceptions and Jhanas are just a progressive means to achieve that....

boneset,

I find Karma and most references to it is nothing more than negative reinforcement to a spiritual direction. Just like 27 (or whatever) levels of hell. This kind of stuff absolutely drives me nuts and is most likely why we have a surplus of religious fanatics in the world. For example, I was listening to a news report where the people of Iran had forgone re-inforcing their buildings because "if the will of God be done I can do nothing to stop it".

Also, in the same vain, the "snap" is not a snap at you but see reference above. I find a lot of blather type "feel good" blah blah blah which, after stated does nothing to promote a clear understanding of the subject. It takes so much energy to wade through this krap and I often wonder why people enjoy it so much so the snap is a release of frustration.

blooming lotus,
    Don't know what to say although you have no need to appologize. Also, your statement "Jhana means altered states of conciousness" is the clearest so far.

However, I still, after all these posts, have no idea how the conversion of jing to qi is done.

woliveri

Greetings..

Assumimg one has succeeded in semen retention, like any container, once full it "runneth over".. spills out into surrounding tissue and is absorbed into the various circulatory systems of the body.. here, we get to the challenge of collecting it in the Dantien, where with discipline the DanTien filters the essense and fortifies the Chi circulation.. Wuji or Zhan Zhuong is a good start.. along with reverse abdominal breathing... Additionally, the residual substance after filtering the essense is useful in bone densification..

Karma is simply another culture's perception of "consequences".. we usually fail to see the far reaching effects of our actions..

Be well...
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

TCB,
    The problem I have with concepts such as Karma or He77 is that it distracts practioners from the path. Some go on and on about the subject of Karma or He77 (I'm not equating these), all of which cannot be proven. It's like driving a car down the freeway while looking in the rear view mirror. I would rather focus on the positive direction I'm heading than get caught up in such "stuff"

I dissagree on your paragraph on semen retention. Should be,
    Thick converted to lighter converted to lightest
    Ice, water, steam.