Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xingyi fighting clip

xingyi fighting clip

i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Not Xingyi

Actually that's a Tibetan White Crane vs Wu style Tai Chi clip. The older guy (the stocky one with the moustache) is Wu Gong Yee, the grandmaster at the time of Wu style Tai Chi. The other guy is Chan Hak Fu of Tibetan White Crane. This match took place in the early 50s.

my bad. My friend sent it to me saying it was an XY clip.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Talking

What!....No wing girls?....

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    oh, that one...did RD send it to you?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

What? Why would you assume "I" sent it to him??
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Why, as an example of good kung fu, of course
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

They're not doing kungfu, they're doing BJJ. I saw a butt scoot.

maybe, but I think it was more of a Japanese style of jujitsu but scoot.

sure didn't look much like xingyi or tai chi or TWC.

this was on that site chris posted:

http://www.blacktaoist.com/Novell%20...0throwing.html

it looks like something I've seen in SC - kao.

as for the clips you posted, nice agressiveness. The only thing I didn't like was how low their hands were.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    it looks like something I've seen in SC - kao.
    And like gedan ate in tomiki aikido and kenjit siko in silat.

The only thing I didn't like was how low their hands were.
    The lead hand is usually around face height in xingyi/bagua. But it's often a different approach than a standard boxing guard. The lead hand is often quite extended, as you can see in the clip, and this can be used for range and sensitivity, allowing an attack to pass the extended hand and so using the elbow and forearm to defend. The rear hand is often much lower, and can help defend shoots and kicks, as well as setting it up so that raising it can be used to open someone up or take a position of control (ie. rather than having it raised already).

kinda like a "cowbell" no?

strike!

Originally posted by Christopher M

And like gedan ate in tomiki aikido and kenjit siko in silat.
    doesn't kinjit have more of a downwards energy to it, like you are sending them down and backward over your leg?

Talk about this on on the ultimate grappling thread.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Yeah... but there's a kenjit variation that is more extension than compression, so looks more like these... I forget what it's called though.

What do you mean, yenhoi?