Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silat

diego Guest

and if you try to touch his by a pit youll get bit

indope CARS/dunanuna da dunanuna du DOPE cars.dana
    who does the original
    that 80s glampop!

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

Stranger Guest
    DeThours is about as legit as they come. My friend was a student of a DeThours rep and he was real impressive. You are fortunate.

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

Stranger Guest
    diego,

I think Randy Neuman sang the original "In Cars".

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

Kristoffer Guest
    martial arts are cool. `nuff said.
    Im hungry :(

~K~
    "maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

Kung Lek Guest
    That was Gary Newman Stranger, as in Gary Newman and the Tubeway army :D

yeesh, I'm dating myself here hahahahahaha, and I haven't even taken me to a show! :D

peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links

Stranger Guest
    check out this web page

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

Stranger Guest
    Who's Randy? I must have pulled that name out of me arse. :o

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

Stranger Guest
    I think Kung Lek is gonna get some from himself. S L U T! :p

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

Martial Joe Guest
    I like Silat...

IXIJoe KaveyIXI
    I am Sharky's main man...

diego Guest

ya the style i train kajukenbo/hopgar

one of the main seniors i think has dethauors lineage so hopefully silat is something i will get into
    thats cool thiers thousands of styles so its like a whole new dimension of kunf du opened up like thiers a east and west style to
    not just north feet and south hands!!!?? or sumthin
    dunanana du dunanana dopecars
    the ladies good looking in fly rides they get tooken and you know he gets respect cuz when he pass they break thier necks DOPE CARS

FUQ I CANT FIND MY CD AAAAAAAHHHH.hehe

duna

"I finish the job with a tiger claw into the throat. Remember guys'INSERT CORNY WHITEBOY VOICE' use extreme violence against your opponents always, that will discourage them from hurting other people" kungfu site technique sec.VS?."...

JerryLove Guest
    Actually, it's relevnt to say "Paul DeThouars" since there are four DeThouars brothers teaching different systems (I've interavted with Victor and Willem).

http://www.clearsilat.com

SevenStar Guest
    you're definitely right about that sine only two are legit... This guy in under Paul's lineage. We trained sunday, and he is excellent. He has the most in depth knowledge of body mechanics that I have ever seen. We went over applications of techniques, basically dissecting my forms and thinking of several applications. He also showed me several silat djuru applications. comparing similarities and differences in what we do. The student I mentioned in the original post was there also. He was more of the practice dummy for the day, so I know he learned alot! We are definitely going to keep training together and studying. He also is very knowledgable of the healing/destruction cycles, and of the body's pressure points and meridians.

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
    " - nightair

Stranger Guest
    Which of the brothers are teaching the real deal and which are not?

I don't get mad.
    I get stabby.

JerryLove Guest
    I believe that all four teach very legit Silat (though different styles)

http://www.clearsilat.com

templefist Guest

silat

My roomate studies with Guru Steven Plink and he and I spend hours at our house discussing techiniques and theorys (high line/low line, seperation of bases, tool backup, base/angle/leverage, etc.) I've found that I could apply alot of their theorys to my training, and it has done nothing but improve my kungfu. Their knife fighting skills are some of the best that I've seen, as it is ingrained in all their djurus.