Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fighting a cop(street fight)

overdemon Guest

fighting a cop(street fight)

I don't know how some of you will think about this!?!(because some of you are cops!)
    But I know some of you have been attacked by a cop!
    And is not usual that you attacked a cop!
    but these things happen! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Have many of you fought a cop before?
    What moves do they have?
    What style are they using?(Karate???)
    And how to beat them!

Karol Guest
    My aiki-jutsu instructor is a police officer. He is also well trained in karate. And to answer your question you don't want to fight a cop, EVER .

jimmy23 Guest
    never fight a cop, even if ya win,youll get charged and the police will beat your ass once youre in custody.
    what a silly question.

Sihing73 Guest
    Hello,

When I first saw this thread I was a little offended. I mean after-all don't the good cops have enough to worry about without us trying to figure out the best way to beat them up? But then I gave this a little more thought. There are indeed places in the world where the government abuses its citizens and sometimes one needs to fight back. The United States came aobut as a result of fighting back against those in authority.

Having said that let me make myself clear. The best way to fight a cop who abuses his authority is in a court of law. The law does not allow you the option of resisting arrest or fighting back even if you know/believe you are being wronged. Your legal recourse in in the courts. An officer may be charged with abuses of office and crimes just like anyone else. It is true it may be harder to get a conviction but it is possible.

As to what Police learn in training; it is highly inadequate and not standardized across the board. Most departments have very little hadn to hand training and the little they do have is mostly karate or perhaps jujitsu. The PA State Police train in Boxing but once you have graduated from the academy there is very little formalized training done. I think you will find that the police who know hand to hand techniques do the training on their own and not through the department.

Peace,

Dave

Taomonkey Guest
    FYI. Never Never fight a cop as the others here have said. Here's why, Police train several hours a week with their side arm, mabey once a month with their asp (baton) and a weekend course mabey twice a year in hand to hand. In a real defense situation the officer will go to what he is most trained at, his gun, especially if he thinks you are a MA. My best advice is to avoid being on that side of an officer in the first place. And dont say that it sometimes just happens, because looking back, I could tell you the exact moment I made the wrong choice each time I have been in trouble with the law. MA has helped me to see those wrong choices and how to avoid the situation in the future. The Greatest Fight Won, is the one never fought!
    Having said all that,,

Naoshu Guest
    .....Why would a cop attack you?....

lee-JKD Guest
    best way to fight a scum cop i would shoot the **** feed his body to some pigs so they eat the bones=no cop never found [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] or u could do a 1 inch punch to the heart followed by a finger jab to blind him then choke him out then jump on his head well thats what i would do what about u guys?

totallyfrozen Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lee-JKD:
    best way to fight a scum cop i would shoot the **** feed his body to some pigs so they eat the bones=no cop never found [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] or u could do a 1 inch punch to the heart followed by a finger jab to blind him then choke him out then jump on his head well thats what i would do what about u guys?[/quote]

You're truly an idiot...but you already know that, right?

[This message has been edited by totallyfrozen (edited 09-03-2000).]

totallyfrozen Guest
    what a stupid question (IMHO).
    Never, fight a cop! Period. You have heard this already in the other posts.

ASSUMING YOU ARE IN THE UNITED STATES:

It's against the law for you to fight a cop and/or resist arrest...period.
    It is a FELONY to fight a cop...it's not a misdemeanor..make no mistake...it's a felony. You will be seriously f*cking yourself if you fight a cop.

I have worn a side arm a bit over the years...so I am aware of what it feels like to "feel" the gun on your hip. Your gun is ALWAYS in the back of your mind. A cop knows that he/she has a gun and if you try to fight the cop...the cop will assume you are trying to take the gun. The cop will feel endangered for his/her life..and you will likely get shot to death.
    Any attempt to fight a cop is going to cause the cop to "guard the gun" from being taken. This is going to lead you you finding the gun pointed in your direction. Cops can and will shoot you if you are threatening their lives. They may have to explain the shooting...but the law is on thier side.

Cops have good aim. I know a few and they practice shooting every week.
    I am a very good shot myself but I would never attempt a gunfight with a cop...they are REALLY good shots...even under stress.

Besides, you can't outrun the radio. The cops WILL get you sooner or later.

Not to mention, MOST cops (by far) don't go looking to pick on people and start fights. Why the hell would you want to fight a cop?
    Don't fight cops.
    If I was driving down the street and saw someone fighting a cop who was alone, I would stop and help the cop. I hope that most other MA would do the same.
    Don't fight cops.

Have you ever been "attacked" by a cop? Did you stop to ask yourself why? Cops know how to cover there asses in court. Even if a cop was in the wrong...you aren't going to get any help from a judge if you fought the cop.

------------------
    "There is only ONE martial art"

[This message has been edited by totallyfrozen (edited 09-03-2000).]

overdemon Guest
    I'm not in the USA!!!!
    have you ever seen the most corruptest cop ever????
    have you ever seen a cop lock someone in jail before with more then 20 person in a jail???

overdemon Guest
    hey you're right about helping other cop!
    but have you ever been pullover before?
    one friend of my have. all he did was he step out the car and put his hand on the inside his jacket and suddenly the officer reach for his gun!The both of them were shock about this.what happen if the officer shoot my friend?
    and for the cop, what if my friend were a crook?? and want to reach his gun?
    I understand these things and I also know **** happen! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

jimmy23 Guest
    your friend was a fool for reaching in his jacket.Good lord,some of you people should should be reserve cops for awhile and see what happens with police,it might open your eyes.

lee-JKD Guest
    you yanks are **** ups i live in the UK try living there you think you have gangs huhwell you dont your *****s you cant fight your all fat goto n.ireland and you think you got **** ill kick all ya asses try this one for size 5years boxing 4ninjutsu 6 and a half years jeet kune do 2years jujitsu so you yanks come fight me not with ya guns *****s with fists nuff said

overdemon Guest
    I think I'll hire a lawyer!
    if get in trouble with the law

JWTAYLOR Guest
    Totally Frozen, you're posting some incorrect information here. The laws about resisting arrest are state based. They are felony crimes but not "federal" crimes. Unless, of course, they are committed against a federal employee.

As far as resisting arrest, in some, very special cases, it is completely legal (I'm not saying wise, just legal) to "fight" a cop. That is, if PRIOR to or DURING, not after, an arrest is made, the officer proceedes with unneccessary force which significantly and immediately endangers the offender. An example: if, prior to an arrest, a police officer physically assaults an individual(like hits him or something) that individual is within his rights of self defense to exercise "reasonable" meathods to keep him/herself from "immediate" harm. In Texas, we go a step further, only a few other states do. Here, if a police officer draws his weapon in a theatening manner (and you'll have to prove intent here) prior to an arrest (in other words you see him and he just pulls his gun and starts to aim and fire on you and you have no idea why, and can prove all of that in a court(good luck)), you are within your rights to pull a legally carried firearm and shoot him dead. This scenario has been tried over a dozen times here in Texas and has passed the courts every time.

The same goes for a cop that goes for anyone else. Bad people exist. Some of them are cops. It is your responsibility to protect youself from them as you would anyone else. Either way, if you have the opportunity, a court and a lawyer are your best bet.

Now, as far as other countries go, I've been in more than one place where I've been threatened by the police, and I've bribed my way out every time. In my humble, Central America travelling opinion, foreign police suck.

JWT