Thread: Shaolin Dolemite Collection

Shaolin Dolemite Collection

Anyone seen any of the movies contained in this series?

I've seen Thundering Mantis. I've got Buddha Assassinator and Hitman in the Hand of Buddha waiting at home.

The only place I've seen these available is Hollywood Video's chain.

Any thoughts?
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

ttt

u talkin bout this?

great movie btw.

I true classic.

They did a sequel at some point called "Shaolin Dolemite." Haven't seen it. Anyway, they released a bunch of old kung-fu movies under the Shaolin Dolemite header.

The companies listed on the boxes are:

*Hong Kong Connection
    *Xenon Entertainment Group

At the beginning of every movie from Xenon, there is an add for a movie called "Soul in the Hole" (or something. it's a basketball tournament documentary), "Black Spring Break," and/or a movie about Biggie and Tupac.

The collection came out around 1999.

Some of them are OK..

Not all of them can be 36 chambers
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Got to watch Killer Priest tomorrow night.

supposed to be about Tamo's daddy or something. I dunno.

But, it's kung fu. So, it can't suck too badly.

Wish they made some decent karate movies. Be nice to see one that doesn't completely suxors.

thunderiung mantis was kinda weird at the end. i was like "wtf mate".

Dang straight. I mean, I can understand the whole "kill your enemy" deal, but eating the motherf#cker, dang.

Methinks dude overtrained the style.

Originally posted by Vash
    Dang straight. I mean, I can understand the whole "kill your enemy" deal, but eating the motherf#cker, dang.

Methinks dude overtrained the style.
    yeah i know and drinking his blood. i heard of gaining the soul and stuff. but its like wtf. yeah overtrained is right.

Celebrating Dolemite for Black History month

Rudy Ray Moore - the one and only.

Dolemite: The ‘Citizen Kane’ of kung fu pimping movies
    AJC Sepia Black History Month
    LIVING By Ben Brasch - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Posted: 9:57 p.m. Thursday, February 01, 2018

Since 1975, there has been only one kung-fu-kicking pimp in film.

That’d be Dolemite.

Dolemite was the creation, and maybe true expression, of raunchy comedian Rudy Ray Moore. The film, now three decades old, is chief among the canon of blaxploitation.

In 2002, when writing about the funk revival, The New York Times said the no-budget film “remains the ‘Citizen Kane’ of kung fu pimping movies.”

It has everything that made the genre popular.

Rudy Ray Moore starred in several Dolemite movies, including the original, “The Human Tornado, “ and “The Return of Dolemite.” “Dolemite was the cat all other cats wish to be, and all the kittens wish to be with,” said “12 Years a Slave” screenwriter John Ridley.

The plot goes like this: After 20 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit, Dolemite wants some justice.

Don’t confuse Dolemite the character with dolomite — you know, the anhydrous carbonate mineral used in concrete production.

The movie contains lots of things: kung fu call girls, lots of hats that are cool as heck, and much butt-kicking.

Complex ranked it No. 9 on its list of best blaxploitation films.

“Dolemite was the cat all other cats wish to be, and all the kittens wish to be with,” said “12 Years a Slave” screenwriter John Ridley, according to black cinema label Xenon Pictures.

Xenon’s webpage dedicated to Dolemite spoke to how wide his appeal was: “At a recent event, several Goth girls asked him to autograph their breasts.”

A Tribe Called Quest’s 2016 song “Whateva Will Be” samples a choice line of Dolemite’s from the film, “Girls, this (expletive)’s got rhythm!”

Dolemite’s name is invoked by artists old and new, from Eazy-E and Snoop Dogg to A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q.

So many sampled him that he dubbed himself the “Godfather of Rap.”

Though Moore died in 2008 at age 81 from complications of diabetes, the film and character’s influence on pop culture spans genres and generations.

Shortly before he died, Rudy Ray Moore , star of the Dolemite films, performed a standup routine at the Starlight Drive-In. (BEN GRAY/Staff)

Oh, and a nerdy side note: The French geologist Deodat de Dolomieu, who first identified dolomite’s chemical composition, was also wrongfully jailed. He was sentenced to death at age 18 for killing a fellow soldier in a duel. He was pardoned and decided to spend the remainder of his life pursuing rocks. One of the areas where he worked was a mountain range in northeastern Italy that was later named the “Dolomites” in his honor.

Throughout February, we’ll spotlight a different African-American pioneer in the daily Living section Monday through Thursday and Saturday, and in the Metro section on Fridays and Sundays. Go to myAJC.com/black-history-month for more subscriber exclusives on people, places and organizations that have changed the world, and to see videos on the African-American pioneer featured here each day.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Dolemite Is My Name

Chris Rock joins Eddie Murphy in 'Dolemite Is My Name' — here are the photos to prove it

Yahoo Movies Nick Schager
    Writer
    July 17, 2018

Dolemite is a blaxploitation classic from 1975 about a kung-fu-adept superhero pimp and nightclub owner. Now, Eddie Murphy is set to give its creator proper due when he headlines Dolemite Is My Name, a biopic about the film’s star Rudy Ray Moore, who passed away in 2008. With a cast that also includes Wesley Snipes and Keegan-Michael Key, the upcoming film from director Craig Brewer (Hustle & Flow) and writers Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski (Ed Wood, The People vs. Larry Flynt, American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson) should be one of next year’s most high-profile releases on Netflix, where it’ll exclusively debut. Apparently it’ll also be a period-piece project blessed with the participation of another legendary funnyman: Chris Rock.

Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy on set together. (Photo: Getty Images)

As new set photos seem to reveal, Rock has joined Murphy and Key on the upcoming movie, which will detail Moore’s rise from working at a Hollywood record store, to his development of the Dolemite character at comedy clubs and on albums, to his self-financing of Dolemite, which spawned a series of sequels. In those candid snapshots, Rock is showing off some serious ’70s threads and hair (including a goatee) for his as-yet-unknown part.

Chris Rock spotted on set in a ’70s ensemble. (Photo: Getty Images)

Rock’s co-star Snipes also seems perfectly at home in the ’70s, as evidenced by a tweet, which provided fans with a first glimpse of his retro style.

View image on Twitter

WS

@wesleysnipes
    #Dolemite

8:17 PM - Jul 13, 2018
    521 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    Also featuring Mike Epps, Craig Robinson, Tituss Burgess, and Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Dolemite Is My Name is currently in production, but will be released in 2019. Yahoo Entertainment has reached out to Netflix for more information.

THREADS:
    Shaolin Dolemite Collection
    Dolemite Is My Name
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart