Thread: What is the best Tai Chi video on tigerclaw.com?

What is the best Tai Chi video on tigerclaw.com?

I have a friend who is moving several states away and I had planned on signing her up in an internal program at a school in that area and paying for a couple of months for a gift. They insist on contracts so that is a no go for me now. I was looking for a good Tai Chi video set on tigerclaw.com, just to whet her tastes and prompt her to signing up for classes. I also have to remember that she hasn't had any training so I need something with good basics and teaches at least one full form. I am leaning towards the Practical Tai Chi by Dr. Daniel Weng video. Anyone have any experience with it? She has studied Aikido for a while and didn't want any external .. .so I assumed Tai Chi would be the easiest and most appealing to her.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Re: What is the best Tai Chi video on tigerclaw.com?

Originally posted by themeecer
    I have a friend who is moving several states away and I had planned on signing her up in an internal program at a school in that area and paying for a couple of months for a gift. They insist on contracts so that is a no go for me now. I was looking for a good Tai Chi video set on tigerclaw.com, just to whet her tastes and prompt her to signing up for classes. I also have to remember that she hasn't had any training so I need something with good basics and teaches at least one full form. I am leaning towards the Practical Tai Chi by Dr. Daniel Weng video. Anyone have any experience with it? She has studied Aikido for a while and didn't want any external .. .so I assumed Tai Chi would be the easiest and most appealing to her.
    why are you asking about Tigerclaw.com product on a forum supported by martialartsmart.com? I strongly suggest you check out the selections at martialartsmart.com, since they help to pay the bill for this forum.

Never seen Dr. Weng's vid, although I heard he is a good teacher and was considering looking into his sc videos.

wm
    dazed and confused

Tigerclaw.com = martialartsmart.com's wholesale site.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab

yeah, what meecer said..

What style of taiji?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

No idea .. I only know Yang ... but I don't care what type it is.
    -shaolinarab

If you go Yang.. 24 step is a good place to start.. I haven't seen the one on mamart but I'm sure Gene can expand.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I've heard that. I know the 64 form. Don't get me wrong .. I don't think she can actually learn Tai Chi from a video. I just think it will give her a start.
    -shaolinarab