Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone who likes to read

anyone who likes to read

I'm thinking of doing some freelance writing for Inside Kung FU and maybe Black Belt for fun while i'm training.

Since you guys are the readers what do you guys want me to write my first article on. Anything i'll write i'll promise to do mad research on and hopefully give good picture examples also.

So i'll let it up to you guys to see what we can learn from each other.

Later, Brad
    Tapped Out

I'd like to see some articles on the Northern mother styles like Cha, Hua, Wah, etc...
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Advice on footwork for both avoiding and getting the shoot.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

Yeah, kung fu ground applications and history of Chinese ground fighting stuff.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Since i have a mini article wrote so far i was thinking of doing the footwork one in a two part series.

Masterkiller i'll take a few months and see what i can dig up. I'm more of an mma guy and really not familiar with chinese grappling but i can look into it.

Later, Brad
    Tapped Out

i hope with the footwork one to have pictures of how to do it freestyling and also what pad drills we also use to do this.
    Tapped Out

Brad, come visit my teacher's school in NY. I promise you that you will be 100% convinced that we can take care of the shoot and the ground game. Easy applications! Very simple movements. Impossible to explain here on the web but come with a pad and a camera. I can put you up.

You'll also get a chance to meet some people that would be great sources for armed and unarmed combat.

Either way, good luck.

Ray

EF i don't get my vacation til May at my job. But my girlfriend does want to take a trip to NY this year and i would like to also. So maybe i'll make a weekend out of it. I'll put up the article i write and later on this year do a follow up article on how a different school looks at this. Thanxs for the offer and i'll for sure be checking you out in this year.

Anything you guys can add to this article would be appreciated as well and i'll e-mail you a look at it when it's done.

anyone who wants to talk ma can also message me on aol at fullofbsx2 or e-mail me at dead_warrior2000@yahoo.com
    Tapped Out

Originally posted by Brad Souders
    i hope with the footwork one to have pictures of how to do it freestyling and also what pad drills we also use to do this.
    That would be excellent, Brad.
    When you assume, you make an ass out of... pretty much just you, really.

What to write?

Write what you know about - don't ask others what they want. What if they ask you to write about what you don't know about? That's just silly. Oh, wait a minute, you're talking about IKF and BB, nevermind, write about what you don't know about. That would be better there.

For your reference
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

lol well i'm pretty smart enough even though i went to a community college to only write on subjects i know about. I was giving the readers a chance to say some of the things they want to hear more about. But in my hopes whenever i do write articles it's very imformative and lets the reader see how i train it. If one person out of 4 billion read it and learn on little trick i'm happier then if i ran 50 mcdojos making 6 million a year. I may not bow everytime i step on the mat and i may not do everything proper in life but i promise when it comes to helping people out i'll give 110%.

Later, Brad
    Tapped Out

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries
    Brad Souders, I would like to see articles on Squirrel in Kung-Fu (established). Leopard/Monkey (combined) Kung-Fu: a history and techniques. Rattan hoops/T'ai Chi Ch'aun rings fighting techniques. Rattan hoops/T'ai Chi Ch'aun rings training (non-Wing Chun/Ving Tsun.

I might doubt that you know these yourself. After reading the guidelines for article submission I might care to submit some articles.

Be, well? Be.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

An interview & front page cover story on...ME!

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    I'd like to see some articles on the Northern mother styles like Cha, Hua, Wah, etc...
    Or any other styles that ryhmes with "ah" ?

blah

Maybe you can write about what you should write. That would be funny in a recursive way.

Seriously, what we are looking for nowadays are good technical articles, mini-lessons if you will, pieces that provide our readers with some tidbit that they can take and incorporate into their own practice, whether they be beginner or advanced. But wait, you weren't planning to submit to us, so nevermind. Why don't you ask for ideas on BB's or IKF's forums? Wouldn't that be a more logical approach?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart