Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sifu Paul Whitrod's book!

hey phu!how are you?i have ordered the book and hopefully i will get a copy soon as!i hope i was one of the 1000. Anyway mail me asap on nkhednah@hotmail.com, wanna hear from you.

nish

waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can. Be cool

Sam Bo Gin

I was recently given a copy of Paul Whitrod's tape demonstrating the set Sam Bo Gin. Very interesting. First time I have seen any Chow Gar Tong Long.

Re: Sam Bo Gin

Originally posted by custom156
    I was recently given a copy of Paul Whitrod's tape demonstrating the set Sam Bo Gin. Very interesting. First time I have seen any Chow Gar Tong Long.
    Different innit

Nish, going to the seminar in feb in essex?

Rgds,
    David

"Different innit"

Well, no, not really! Yes, it is different, but compared to say Pak Mei Jik Bou or Lung Ying Ma Bou Chong Choi, not massively.

Originally posted by custom156
    [BWell, no, not really! Yes, it is different, but compared to say Pak Mei Jik Bou or Lung Ying Ma Bou Chong Choi, not massively. [/B]
    Ah, I should have checked your profile .

hehe.

"Ah, I should have checked your profile "

Think ninestep ;-)

I dont know shifu whitrod, but I do know he is probably in the top 3 for TCMA in London (others being Lu Jun Hai shifu (mizong quan) and the other one being one of the many good wing chun teachers).
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

Chow Gar Boook

Howdy fellow Chow Gar peeps..

Anyone got their copy yet? Any online reviews?

I emailed Sir Whitrod after ordering a copy almost 2 weeks ago and he reckoned I should get it this week sometime. Which is nice.

Did anybody get the book already??
    There is very little talk about this book although all 1000 were sold out very quickly.

I get mine next Thursday .

Hi Everyone ,
    I got my book yesterday & it is bloody **** good esp the photos of the old days of yip shui & co & the stories.

Anyway , kung hei fat choi.

is this book new?

I have a copy of Paul Whitrods first book. Have you seen both and is there a substantial difference between the two or is this a souped up version of the first?

I would like to say that his first book was quite clear and easy to go through.

It has been nice to see that no one has attempted to slag anyone else off as often seems to be the case on these forums.

Good work guys (and gals) !!!!!

R

Just going by the headings, the new book appears to cover all major aspects of the style. I haven't seen it yet. The old one is good but had a limited remit.

Hakka jai - tell us more.

Rgds,
    David

It's the 1st book i have bought re sifu whitrod/chow gar.
    it's contents cover brief intro,lineage ,2 man drills /chongs ,sam bo chin + applications & sections of other forms.Steps /stances ,hay gung & dip gwut gung,dim yuet/mak,san sau & photos of yip shui & of sifu whitrod.
    Plenty to read .

Cheers

Wow, that sounds great, Hakkajai. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. Hope I'll get it soon.

David, I'd send you a private message a couple of days ago. I think you forgot to answer. Could you mail me back, please.
    Thanks in advance.