Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake Kung Fu?

Hybrid View

Fake Kung Fu?

http://www.shengchikungfu.com/history.shtml

Studied this for a while(not at this school though), they have seven animals, bear tiger, mongoose, mantis, cobra, crane, dragon. They claim their art very pure and some are bold to say the most effective kung fu and art in general. This art feels like kenpo with an emphasis more on the japanese side then chinese. What do you guys think, are they legit chinese or did some white dude just take different arts, mixed it together, and named it something.
    Shapeless Like Water

This smells very suspiciously like a piece I wrote for my school along time ago (When I was teaching), only VERY heavily modified.

It's like he took my piece expanded on it, re wrote it with his own stuff, and published it.

This for example is almost word for word from my original "What is Shaolin" page on my site.

Many think of the Shaolin temple as the beginning, and for most it was. What the Shaolin Temple was, was a melting pot for various strands of the original arts. It was a place of refuge, especially for those who had fought as soldiers. These "unshaved monks" as they were called, were allowed to live and train in the temple to avoid persecution. They blended their military arts with the bits and pieces of Law Hong Gung that were practiced in the temple.

The original is as follows, including my typo's:

Many think of the Shaolin temple as the beginning, and for most it was. What the Shaolin Temple was, was a melting pot for various styles of martialarts. It was a place of refuge and sanctuary, especially for ex military or those who had been bandits and then reformed. They were allowed to live and train in the temple to avoid persecution. They blended their military arts with the Louhan style that was practiced in the temple at the time.
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Here's a link to thier forum

http://shoushu.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=65
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

suxors!
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Re: Fake Kung Fu?

Originally posted by shenyingwu
    This art feels like kenpo with an emphasis more on the japanese side then chinese.
    Ha, since when is soft, flowing focus and chi Japanese? There is already a thread debating Shou Shu here, just search for it. Its about (edit) 32+ pages long by now I think.
    Last edited by Indestructible; 01-05-2004 at 05:31 PM.

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    This smells very suspiciously like a piece I wrote for my school along time ago (When I was teaching), only VERY heavily modified.

It's like he took my piece expanded on it, re wrote it with his own stuff, and published it.

This for example is almost word for word from my original "What is Shaolin" page on my site...
    Mate if they submitted that as a university essay, they'd get suspended for plagiarism! If I was you I would contact them about ripping off your piece.

Originally posted by old jong
    He looks honest to me!...
    Of course he's legit, he's wearing a star trek uniform with the Shou Shu family crest on it. Don't you know, shou shu is not only linked with Wudan, Shaolin, Da Mo and triads, but also with a secret ancient order of western knights, descended from King Arthur himself who were the only ones to compile all the secret fighting arts of Europe into one deadly style. It also has links to the Russian mob and Italian mafia, the Masons, the Spanish Inquisition, and Alice (who invented a deadly style based on the creatures she encountered on her adventures in wonderland). All of these elements have well established historical links going back a bzillion years... all one has to know is where to look! However I can't point you in the right direction for sources as I have my own reasons, and if you are smart enough you will realise them yourselves.
    Last edited by anton; 01-01-2004 at 07:42 PM.
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

You know, they changed it enough to where I don't think I could do anything.

Besides, I thought my original peice was junk anyway, that's why you don't see it on my site today.

For the Women:

+ = & a

would someone just please go and cross hands with someone from teh orginaization already. that's the only way to tell i their fu is good or not.

Frankly, whining here about it makes the whiners look like little biotches with no cajones.

go box em. if they're good shut up, if they blow, post it here with your photographic proof.

why do people have to be so dang superficial anyway? how shallow can people get? just check these threads. Deep down, many of them are shallow.

cheers hny
    Kung Fu is good for you.

why do people have to be so dang superficial anyway? how shallow can people get? just check these threads. Deep down, many of them are shallow.
    Not with a bang, but a whimper....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

But, but, but, but ..........................................

For the Women:

+ = & a

Kinda depends on the fighter doesn't it? Most arts i've taken, when training for competition reverts to kickboxing so it kinda depends on the fighter(this includes trad. N. S. Kung Fu, Isshn Ryu, or just plain MT) Taekwondo on the otherhand remeaned its bouncy self. I did not question whether the art was effective but rather whether it really was kung fu. I personally think not, it doens't look like kung fu, doesn't feel like kung fu, and my friends(who speak chinese) have told me Shou shu refers to a massage parlor. But i with my limited knowledge of kung fu might have been easily mistaken. I put it on here to see if anyone could validate their history, or if anyone has heard of some art similar to this perhaps a derivative of some sort.
    Shapeless Like Water

From reading thier forum, they look like Kempo, dressed up, and maybe some Akido. I'd have to see it to be sure though.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Originally posted by shenyingwu
    my friends(who speak chinese) have told me Shou shu refers to a massage parlor.
    Shou Shu can mean a lot of things depending if you're speaking Cantonese or Mandarin and the context you are using. The meaning that applies to us is Mandarin and loosely translated means "fighting way of the beasts". There is a character for Shou that means beast.

I've also heard "motorcycle man" and "hand arts". The most modern definition in one context is "surgery".