Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: everyday common EFFECTIVE weapons?

Shinakira Guest

hmm.. interesting..

it to carry a weapon at all times just in case.
    I have never really got into a situation to use it but never the less.

two small wood handles 4" long. with 2mm cable attatched between the two handels.

some swiss army kits come with the same kind of device, one it can be used to also cut tree branches.

talk about slicing right to the bone.

"If your in my way, Your in the way of proggress"
    god bless all.

WuMan Guest
    Guys forgot the almight chop sticks.

origenx Guest
    In prison, most folks just keep a can of food in a tube sock. Although, you might want to use maybe 2 socks, because if that can breaks through the end of one (which I've heard of), then you're left holding just an empty sock with a hole in it! Can you spelled S-C-R-E-W-E-D?

Silence Guest

The best way I have for you

I have learned from human nature that you don't need a weapon so much to defeat your attacker, but a simple instinctive response from them. For example if you are in a bar like I work in you have very little space to DETAIN the person and not get someone around you involved by slamming the guy into the crowd. Even the biggest guy will fall for a simple step on the lead foot that gives you the opportunity to get done what you need to weather it be a simple arm lock or wrist lock they all fall for distraction. Or take this one for example walk up in front of them and have a quarter in hand palmed. When you are close enough to strike throw the quarter into his face or just infront of it straight in the air:eek: I garantee that he will either watch it or try to stop it....once again this should give you the few seconds that you need to accomplish what is NEEDED.
    I stress the words detain and needed for the reason that you should only use what is necessary for each situation and no more. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

JerryLove Guest
    1) It's bad netiquette to ressurect old posts
    2) You didn't even resurrect it to address the actual question
    3) I wear steel-toed shoes as the norm, your statement is overconfident and false.

Please be a little more careful in the future [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

johndruce Guest

To yamato_damashi

You could just shine the maglight in their eyes. At night they'd lose their nightvision and wouldn't be able to see very well in the dark for a few minutes.

How do you use it in a wristlock?

Lucky Red Guest
    carry some Chilli Powder With you if someone
    Attacks you Throw it In there Faces i havent Actually Tried This But it isnt very hard to think
    what will happen Nose Spray
    also Works only Not so good

.........,,,,,,,, Spread it Your self

jojitsu27 Guest

Carry a Club between your legs like I do!

It works,
    it's hard and heavy, but swinging it around in
    public can get you in trouble!
    -jojitsu27

Rolling Elbow Guest

Here is a thought

Weapons are an extension of your body and empty hand knowledge..improvise.

Michael Panzerotti
    Taijutsu Nobody from the Great White North..

Kung Lek Guest
    I can't believe non of you have mentioned Bananas!

or strawberries, both of which are LETHAL and available from your nearest fruitmarket.

Kung Lek

iamaloser Guest

Weapons

If you have studied any weapons you already know how to use everyday items for self-defense. The belt Jet Li used was actually improvised steel whip techniques. If you know how to use a broadsword, you can apply certain techniques with an umbrella. If you've studied knives, then you can utilize those moves with pens or other short items. The whole point of martial arts is to enlighten you to infinite possibilities. It is no secret because the knowledge is already there.