Thread: Drunken Monkey

Thumbs up Drunken Monkey

Has anyone seen Drunken Monkey?

It's a new kung fu film from Shaw Brothers starring Lau Kar Leung and Liu Chia Hui (sorry, don't know if they have English names).

I saw it last night and absolutely loved it. No Matrix type wire play just simple kung fu.

It so reminded me of late night at Leicester Square and Elephant & Castle in the '80s, ah nostalgia for my wasted youth

I highly recommend it if you like old style kung fu movies.

hakka mui

new, or newly released?
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

It's from last year or thereabouts. I haven't found it on video yet, but Willow Sword saw it. You still in Austin, Jason? Where'd you see it?

Honestly, I personally find it rather lacking. True, it is a great relief from those horrid matrix stuff, but as far as Lau Ka Leung is concerned, I expected much better.

Come on, the so called Monkey style isn't even monkey style. While Quantin Lau does nice Hung Gar, Lau Ka Leung really is just trying to fo Hung Gar with weird hand shapes.

Any what's with that Hung Gar demo in the beginning ?? When you have a title called "Drunken Monkey" Shouldn't you be performing monkey stuff at the beginning ??

Compare it with the 90s films like the Jet Li stuff, Iron Monkey and Drunken Master 2, I honestly find this one rather dissappointing