Thread: bay area i chuan (yiquan)

bay area i chuan (yiquan)

anyone know of any i chuan (yiquan) teachers in the sf bay area? i already do some standing meditation as an adjunct to my taiji practice, but i'm looking to get deeper into i chuan. any help is appreciated. thanks!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

I Chuan

Fong Ha teaches Yi Quan in Berkeley. fongha.com. He's a really friendly and enthusiastic teacher.

-JessO

I got an i chuan dvd that I like alot. Another dude here, froggy, thinks it sucks though. I think they have it pretty cheap at chinafromtheinside.com I got mine in chinatown for like $10
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Contact Doc Fai Wong, he'll know. His student Jane Hallander used to do "I Chuan", she learned from someone else, but calling his studio my get you connected -it's in the SF phone book.
    Chuck

The 3 part DVD on I Chuan from China...yes, it's poor quality from the people on the DVD.

thanx everyone!!!
    Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po
    You then walk backwards, forcing him off his feet and then drag him by the eye socket and lips. You can pull so hard that the lips tear away. You will never hear such screaming.

froggy- what did you not like about it? recommend anything better?
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

I believe Henry Look teaches in the bay area (Persidio I think). Do a google on him and see what pulls up. I'll try to find something later if I can ever find the contact info again.

***edit****

Here's his contact info:
    Henry Look
    sifulook@yahoo.com
    Last edited by kungfuyou; 04-08-2004 at 12:08 PM.