Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellow/Black Jumpsuit

Yellow/Black Jumpsuit

My wife really wants one of those yellow/black tracksuits as in Kill Bill/Game of Death. Anyone have any idea where to find one? I have searched everywhere and found zilch!
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

In Kill Bill, she was wearing motorcycle leather.

but...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/artoftoy/brlee11scgju.html
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

woohoo! thnx!
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

groovy baby
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

thanks for the plug, CSN

We looked into developing a yellow jumpsuit but it was a bit cost prohibitive. We didn't think anyone would go for it at over $100. Or rather I should say we didn't think enough people would go for it at that price to make it worth our effort. I remember getting the black Bruce Lee Jumpsuit (allegedly from Enter the Dragon) for like $30 back in the 80's. That company also marketed a yellow jumpsuit, but at the time it seemed to ostentatious.

Now I wear my got game shirt everywhere.

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I'd get a Got Game shirt, but I don't like the footprint logo. It's too much cheese.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

There is no such thing as too much cheese!

This post has been brought to you by the National Dairy Council.

HEY!

We're Californian. It's the cheese.

I'm wearing my got game shirt right now. Color of nacho sauce, it is...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

You could own Bruce's yellow suit!

Bruce Lee's last costume from Game of Death strikes back at auction

The iconic martial artist's incomplete last film was intended to present Jeet Kune Do to the public

In 1973, martial artist Bruce Lee launched himself into the American psyche with the force of one of his flying kicks as Enter the Dragon was released. Three days later Lee was dead, due to swelling on the brain.

Enter the Dragon was the last film that Lee finished, but it was not the last one he began. In fact, work began on Game of Death - a film in which the star intended to demonstrate his own martial art Jeet Kune Do ('the way of the intercepting fist') - before Enter the Dragon was offered.
    Bruce Lee in action in the yellow jumpsuit

The latter movie, which was the first kung fu film produced by a Hollywood studio, and with a much bigger budget than Lee was used to, could not be turned down. Nevertheless, 100 minutes of Game of Death were filmed before Enter the Dragon was released.

As for Game of Death, it was only released in 1978 with a plotline altered to allow it to be completed using footage from other kung fu stars and stunt doubles with the main character's change in appearance explained away.

Despite its changes from the original project it remains a cult classic and the yellow jumpsuit which Lee wears is referenced in the costume of Uma Thurman's character The Bride/Black Mamba in Kill Bill.

Now the original jumpsuit worn by Lee is heading Heritage Auctions sale of Entertainment Memorabilia on July 17 with a relatively modest estimate of $60,000. The live sale takes place in California and internet absentee bidding is accepted until the day before.

Collectors interested in Bruce Lee memorabilia will be interested to know that there is another very rare and high quality piece on the market at the moment: an autographed notebook for an intended book entitled 'The Tao of Chinese Gung Fu' including original martial art drawings.

It didn't sell at the July 17 auction - see this follow-up article:
    Meanwhile, the iconic yellow-with-black-striped jumpsuit worn by martial arts legend Bruce Lee in his final screen appearance, Game of Death, is still for sale priced $71,700.
    If you don't have $71,700, you could always get our "got game?" shirt.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

The Yellow Jumpsuit is on the block again

Yellow jumpsuit from Bruce Lee's final role to be auctioned
    16:19, August 19, 2010

Bruce Lee's famous yellow outfit from his final film "Game of Death" is going to be auctioned in next month.

Ponte 16 Resort Hotel in Macau will auction 100 items that belonged to celebrities, including Bruce Lee's famous yellow outfit from his final film "Game of Death," in conjunction with Julien's Auctions next month, according to Hong Kong newspaper Ming Pao.

"Game of Death" was shot in autumn of 1972. As the leading actor, Lee suddenly died and left the movie two-thirds unfinished. The sight of Lee dressed in the yellow motorcyclists' racing suit has already become a very famous and classic image.

The exhibition and auction will be held from Sept. 24 to Oct. 8 in Macau and it will be the first that Julien's Auctions has held in Asia.

The items also include Michael Jackson's jacket and the black gloves he wore when singing "Beat It" in his global "Bad Tour" in 1987 to 1989, Princess Diana's evening dress, a shirt that Elvis Presley wore, a poster of The Beatles with their signatures and the Batman costume that Michael Keaton wore in the movie of "Batman Returns" in 1992.

After that exhibition ends, more than 400 precious things will be auctioned the next day.

By Wang Hanlu, People's Daily Online
    Lot 118 of 434:
    BRUCE LEE STUNT DOUBLE COSTUME FROM "GAME OF DEATH"

Estimate:
    $15,000.00 - $20,000.00

Starting:
    $7,500.00

Description:

A yellow synthetic jumpsuit with black stripes worn by Buddy Joe Hooker, a stunt double for Bruce Lee in the motion picture Game of Death (Columbia Pictures, 1978). Only 30 minutes of the filming of Game of Death was completed before Lee took time off to work on the film Enter the Dragon (Warner Bros, 1973). Six years later director Robert Clouse returned to the film to flesh out the material and added scenes to create a finished film. Unsized. Accompanied by a letter of authenticity from The World of Bruce Lee stating that the item was donated by The Golden Harvest.

PROVENANCE Lot 370, "Entertainment Memorabilia," Butterfield and Butterfield, Los Angeles, Sale number 6083B, July 18, 1994

Note that there's more on the Bruce Lee statue discussed above on the Shanghai 2010 World Expo & Shaolin Haibao thread

Note also that you need a got game t-shirt in honor of this auction. Seriously.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Nice jumpsuit

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Rep. Jim McDermott

You can't really rock the yellow jumpsuit unless you're built for it.

Congressman is no Bruce Lee but he tries in video
    By: Catalina Camia October 1, 2014 1:11 pm ET

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/9257C...CXCRAEdDeCzYB3

Rep. Jim McDermott is paying tribute to Bruce Lee in an unusual way, by donning a yellow and black jumpsuit and displaying his own kung fu moves on Vine.

The Washington state Democrat asks “Do you know Bruce?” while dressed in a jumpsuit similar to the one Lee was wearing in Game of Death, the movie he was filming when he died in 1972 at the age of 32. We should note that McDermott doesn’t have fists of fury.

Bruce Lee in “Enter the Dragon.” (Warner Bros. Home Video)

An exhibit of Lee’s life opens Saturday at the Wing Luke Museum of the Asian Pacific American Experience in Seattle, the kung fu master’s adopted home town. McDermott, who represents Seattle, is a longtime supporter of the museum.

Beth Takekawa, the museum’s executive director, told KING-TV that the Bruce Lee exhibit pulls together Lee’s time in Seattle, including his days at the University of Washington where he studied drama and met Linda Emery, whom he married in 1964.

Lee’s iconic jumpsuit from the movie fetched about $100,000 in U.S. dollars last year at an auction in Hong Kong. There’s also an homage to the Lee outfit in Kill Bill, worn by Uma Thurman.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

The Museum of Modern Art
    Published on Sep 22, 2017
    SUBSCRIBE 136K
    Uncover the unique design of a Bruce Lee tracksuit. In 1971, martial arts legend and actor Bruce Lee appeared in four episodes of "Longstreet," a television crime drama series. He wore a red two-piece tracksuit that would later become a pervasive element in the modern wardrobe. See how costume designers set about recreating the iconic tracksuit for MoMA's new exhibition, "Items: Is Fashion Modern?"

FASHION AS DESIGN is a new course by MoMA that explores a selection of garments from around the world—ranging from Kente cloth to jeans to 3D-printed dresses. Each week will begin with a conversation between the course instructors—Paola Antonelli, Michelle Fisher, and Stephanie Kramer—that introduces the themes, items, and questions that we will explore. Sign-up: http://mo.ma/fashionasdesign

Subscribe to MoMA's YouTube channel for advance previews and updates: http://mo.ma/subscribe
    Explore our collection online: http://mo.ma/art
    Plan your visit in-person: http://mo.ma/visit
    No one really thinks about Bruce's Longstreet tracksuit. It's the yellow & black one that is iconic.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips