Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gracie Jujitsu is the Biggest Scam In the Martial Arts

Gracie Jujitsu is the Biggest Scam In the Martial Arts

1.The UFC was put together by Rorion Gracie
    2.Royces 1st opponent was a so called champion boxer noone has even heard of
    3.His 2nd opponent was Ken Shamrock,a shootwrestler which is known for fixed fights and now is in the WWF
    4.When Rorion pulled out of the UFC,Royce pulled out
    5.The Gracie instructional tapes are nothing but judo
    6.Rickson Claims a 400-0 record,only 10 matches are documented
    7.Rickson fights only japanese pro-wrestlers
    8.Helio claims GJJ has been undefeated for 65 years when he only had 4 matches 2 of which he lost

origenx Guest

really?

Wow, is that so? I didn't know the Gracies organized the first UFCs - yeah, that would be a conflict of interest. Hadn't heard this one yet...wonder why not?

Sandman2[Wing Chun] Guest

"Who's that trip-trapping on my bridge?"

Troll, troll, troll, troll, troll....

Thanks!
    Sandman[Wing Chun]
    Wing Chun Forum Moderator.
    Student-www.authentickungfu.com

thekuntawman Guest
    but arent these things true, at least some of them, i believe.

Valraven Guest
    If by the word "scam" you mean that they:
    1.)Put their style on the line against all commers and usually came out on top.
    2.)Took a single aspect of combat (ground fighting)and elevated it to perhaps the highest level the world has ever seen.
    3.)Single-handedly changed the landscape of the the martial arts worldwide. And
    4.)Made all of us take a hard look at what we are doing and how we train.

Then, yes, I would have to agree.
    Nice post.
    Valraven

sct82abn Guest
    WHY DON'T YOU ISSUE A CHALLENGE TO THE GRACIES'AND SEE HOW YOU DO. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Waidan Guest
    I have no doubt some of what you say is true (in fact I know a few of those points are), but that doesn't make bjj a scam by any means.

Is Gracie bjj the Ultimate MA? I certainly don't think so. Does it contain a lot of effective techniques and methods? Yep.

And no matter what you believe, bjj is NOT the Biggest Scam in Martial Arts.:)

bamboo_ leaf Guest
    please quilfie world wide.

enjoy life

bamboo leaf

MoQ Guest

I believe most of those points are true, but so are Valraven's...

Master Po Guest
    Well here's my take on this...

Royce pulled out of UFC but still fights in pride and competes in sport grapling. (although he hasn't done that well lately)

Renzo Gracie has been competing in MMA consistantly for years. He wins most of the time but not always.

Renzo is a judo black belt as well as a BJJ black belt. He has also done some Muay Thai to improve his standup striking skills.

Gracie Jui-jitsu is very similar to modern judo becuase they have the same roots but there are some MAJOR differences as well. Anyone who has done both can explain them to you.

Ken Shamrock is a legit fighter... I dont believe for a second he threw that first UFC. He was just unprepared. Look at how much better he did in UFC 5!

The best under 200lb MMA fighter in the world right now is a japanese pro wrestler (SAK). Even though pro wrestling is also fixed in japan they are very serious about training for the real thing. They are known as some of the toughest guys around.

Bottom line.. There is a whole lot more to BJJ then Royce and UFC 1-5. Royce was never the best, even in his own family, nor did he claim to be.

BJJ people still win a lot of MMA events. They also loose a lot. We are all human...there is no ultimate super style that will defeat everyone all the time

jojitsu27 Guest

BJJ helped put REALISM back into the martial arts!!!

You can troll all you want about BJJ being a scam, but the truth is whatever the Gracies did with the UFC or whatever....Gracie Jujitsu helped put alot of realism back into the martial arts. It made McDojo's start having to take groundfighting seriously and start teaching all ranges of combat or their students would go somewhere else to learn groundfighting. It forced people with their heads in the clouds to stop practicing their flying, twin, monkey bites the buddhas ass techniques and start focusing on simple realistic things like how to defend against a takedown.
    Gracie jujitsu also brought out the almost forgotten art of Catch-as-catch-can wrestling (American submission wrestling) out of the woodwork.
    Gracie Jujitsu is definitly the most influencial martial art of the 90's, and has done alot for martial artists everywhere in their quest to be taken seriously.
    -jojitsu27

takedown Guest
    Jo'

You know all that is is crap.No responding no trolling.

Troll Killa For Life

8stepsifu Guest
    There are a lot of negative claims regarding succesfull people. Hear them out, weigh the evidence and then write them off. I see no proof in either direction. I can appreciate what the Gracies have done for the martial arts (saved them from complacency.)but no one knows either way. The boxer doesn't hold water because starting out, they probably coundn't afford Mike Tyson to their then "little shindig" Either way boxers can't wrestle or even kick so who cares.

8Step Sifu

takedown Guest

Question for Waidan.

Aside from number 1 wich points are factual?You stated you know them to be true so please enlighten me with your premises.I'm not looking to argue so if you could please state your basis for believing the other 9 reasons Gracie Jiu-Jitsu is a scam.

totallyfrozen Guest

What the Hell??

Who in God's green Earth gave this P.O.S. thread 3 stars?! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    Any rating above (1=worst) was too high!
    This thread...even from the title...is a non-contructive insult against some people. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Someone gave this 3 stars?! You loser...this shouldn't even rate 2 stars. What a waste of time. This isn't helping anyone learn about martial arts! This is just bashing the Gracies. Why are you telling US?! Go tell the Gracies.

3 stars...geez...you amaze me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

What a waste of good stars. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

"There is only ONE karate"