Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gracie Jujitsu is the Biggest Scam In the Martial Arts

dan downard Guest
    Why all the animosity towards BJJ?Sifu Able and McQ.I would love to train with you two guys.Maybe we could learn something from each other.I have been checking out a local kung fu school and picked up some cool stuff.I bet if you trained with me you would pickup some cool stuff too.Why must all BJJ posts be attacked?I dont see the same reaction to any other arts.If you have differances with a particular person thats your business.But to attack the art they train in is rather silly.We have an open door at our school.You are welcome to come in and try a whole week for free.Nothing to loose and everything to gain.If you guys are ever out near Portland,Oregon please stop by and introduce yourselves.Straightblast Gym on Martin Luther King Jr.Blvd.Peace.

SifuAbel Guest

Nothing wrong with BJJ.

Most of the troubles here stem not from the style but from those here that come to knock everything else. As if thier last name was actually gracie. The anti-kung fu propaganda machine is very real. If you read Moq's post, then you would notice that he mentioned how this was a reversal of sorts. The shoe on the other foot, so to speak. I have no problem with BJJ. But it isn't the end all be all as some here would have you to believe.

Its dangerous to think your immortal.
    sifuabel@aol.com

totallyfrozen Guest

My bad

Jaguar,
    I do apologize for calling you (even though I didn't know who at the time) a "loser."
    That was uncool. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

I just lost a star. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"There is only ONE karate"

cornelius Guest

[This message was edited by cornelius on 09-22-00 at 01:05 AM.]

Jaguar Wong Guest

totallyfrozen, no offense taken, really.

I understand your frustration, since this was a silly topic to begin with (it was still in it's silly phase when I rated it). But I wasn't really insulted by your comments or anything like that. It's always cool on my side [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

I gottal say, though the topic has taken an interesting twist. Now only if we can see each other as people and not styles, then we'll be making some progress.

Jaguar Wong
    www.superaction.com

Badgeraaaazzasqsdsqsqswsqsqssqsqsqsqsqsq Guest
    Hey GrapeNuts,

Since you think BJJ is a "scam" why don't you challenge one of us and see how your "authentic" Martial Art does!!!!!

That is exactly what Rorion&Royce did, they extended the Gracie Challenge to the UFC. They proved that their style does w ork,something that most Martial Artists were not willing to do.
    They tried to get the best competition but Benny Urquidez,Gene LeBell,Mike Tyson,etc. turned them down.Mike Tyson probably because of money,the others prob.the fear of being dethroned.
    Maurice Smith was Super-Heavy Weight Kick-Boxing Champion and he was beat by Renzo Gracie.
    As for Ken Shamrock being a fake,why don't you go tell him that!!!

-Badger
    ` [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] ˇ

Paul DiMarino Guest

Bottom Line

GJJ/BJJ may not be the be-all end-all of martial art styles, but neither is anything else. Anybody who says that it has nothing to offer makes it blatantly obvious that they have never rolled with a qualified practitioner of the art.

The artist formerly known as Ford Prefect.

MoQ Guest

Besides this being an expressly Chinese Kung Fu Forum...

In the past year, I do not think there has been ANY BJJ "guest" that has done anything but belch and brag and curse Traditional Arts.
    Do they teach anything technical about their style?
    No...

They show up with an attitude of a kind of bonehead arrogance, spitting insults and derogatory scenario. They put up postersize pics of their heros and pretend it says something about them. They claim that we gotta wake up and realize their couple yrs. in BJJ can take anyone. They revile the people who like to stand on their feet!

They seem to be mostly uneducated, vulgar, rude, illmannered, belligerent and mainly here to TROLL and cause disorder and division.

When barbarians show up acting this way and throwing out challenges, they are rightfully labelled "The Enemy... This is the type we all scorn.

They seem to thrive on this though, BECAUSE THEY REALLY ARE TROLLS!

If you really need to have something to prove, prove you aren't one of these people.

JWTAYLOR Guest
    Both JiuJitsuJedi and Knifefighter were always willing to provide technical expertise. So has GinSueDog. All BJJ practitioners.

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

Paul DiMarino Guest

me too!

I study BJJ, but don't ever recall saying that BJJ was the ultimate art or anything like that. It does have a great amount to offer in the area of ground fighting though.

The artist formerly known as Ford Prefect.

Dragon Warrior Guest
    there is no question that the gracie family are full of great fighters. There is no way that Royce Gracie proved that grappling arts are better than striking arts (most of the guys he fought were chumps) but he did prove one good thing. He proved that size doesnt matter. He beat guys that were much heavier than him, and that was great for the martial arts. In fact that's what martial artist have been saying for years. People have to remember than the gracies are probably the best technician grapplers in the world. The strikers they fought were definetly not. I have much respect for the Gracie family, but I still believe that Northern Shaolin Kung Fu has the potential to build the best fighters.

Chris V.

ATENG Guest
    MoQ, SifuAbel,

i think you guys should try to distinguish those who actually contribute to the forum from idiots like confedi who post here only to stir up trouble. you can probably notice that the original poster of the thread never responded after h e posted his less-than-constructive post. though he might have brought up interesting points (nothing new really), it does seem like he is only trying to stir up trouble by posting something more or less controversial and then sitting back to watch the flaming unfold. such behaviour would seem typical for those that dwell under a bridge... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ˆ

Its all fun and games til someone loses an eye. Then its just fun.

Dragon Warrior Guest
    there is no question that the gracie family are full of great fighters. There is no way that Royce Gracie proved that grappling arts are better than striking arts (most of the guys he fought were chumps) but he did prove one good thing. He proved that size doesnt matter. He beat guys that were much heavier than him, and that was great for the martial arts. In fact that's what martial artist have been saying for years. People have to remember than the gracies are probably the best technician grapplers in the world. The strikers they fought were definetly not. I have much respect for the Gracie family, but I still believe that Northern Shaolin Kung Fu has the potential to build the best fighters.

Temptation tempts my victim to proceed, forward ignorence would allow retreat, you'd rather pursue death than admit defeat (Masta Killa: Wu Tang Clan)

Chris V.

SifuAbel Guest
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Both JiuJitsuJedi and Knifefighter were always willing to provide technical expertise. So has GinSueDog. All
    BJJ practitioners. [/quote]

JW and Paul,

You two are the exceptions to the rule. You have respect for other arts and don't make inflamatory comments. But, as for the above mentioned, they seemed to be civil only to other grapplers. They have, on many occasions, slandered and baulked other arts. Badger's last post is a perfect example of what Moq was talking about. A slack punk who can do nothing but throw out empty challenges at anothers expense. Spewing on about one or another of thier heros like its going to actually make a difference when they are in the hot seat. Overconfidence and cockyness can kill. Beware.

Its dangerous to think your immortal.
    sifuabel@aol.com

JWTAYLOR Guest
    Oh no, don't get me wrong. KF and JJJ would talk **** with the best of them. I'm just saying that there were many occasions where they were willing to post techniques as well as just crap. Saying that all they did was post how BJJ was the best in the world is false.

Frankly, I'm willing to wade through a whole lotta crap to get one good technique. I've had the privelege of going to allot of seminars around the country, and if they've taught me anything, it's that. Otherwise, I'd have left this board along time ago.

Who am I kidding, it beats the hell out of actually working. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

JW