Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gracie Jujitsu is the Biggest Scam In the Martial Arts

Paul DiMarino Guest

Of course he had to mention working...

Sifu Abel,

Funny thiing is that the trolls on these boards are the exception to the rule if you were to actually go to a school and meet some BJJ guys. I'd bet half of 'em don't even practice a MA.

JW,

It sure as hell does. I have a private with Renzo next Friday. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The artist formerly known as Ford Prefect.

wisdom mind Guest

how can you extrapolate that MoQ is an idiot

takedown
    you speak with a forked tongue, attack ideas not the person...would you say that to his face?

burn one

Waidan Guest

just answering Takedown from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back on page 1

Heya,

I didn't mean to come off as an authority on bjj (that's how you seem to have taken my remarks). I guess I should've been more specific.

When I said I know a few of the opening statements to be true, I was talking about the Gracies organizing the UFC, and Shamrock going on to a prolific acting career in the WWF. No duh, huh?

I've got a lot of respect for bjj, and for the UFC (not that these two are inseperable). I don't personally believe bjj (or any MA) to be the "Ultimate Style" as many seem to think, but I would never call it a scam. That's the sort of statement that's made by overly defensive reactionaries. I think the system contains a lot of very effective principles and techniques.

That's all that was meant by my post. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

jojitsu27 Guest

Paul, have a question...

Have you checked with Renzo lately about your lesson?
    He had an untimely accident a couple of weeks ago and one of his arms won't be functioning for a good two months if he's lucky.
    -jojitsu27

Badgeraaaazzasqsdsqsqswsqsqssqsqsqsqsqsq Guest
    SifuAbel,
    What did I do to offend you in my last reply?
    I did not mention your name at all!!!!

-Badger

o

takedown Guest

hes not an idiot

i probably wont ever see his face so the question is kinda irrelevant.I dont smoke but heres a picture for ya.

Shinakira Guest

oh

Hahahahahaha.

I agree in the aspect that some people work hard at what they to best, what ever form of MA

Don't be a hater....

But this was funny

jojitsu27 Guest

Badger...

>>>>What did I do to offend you in my last reply?
    I did not mention your name at all!!!!

Don't take it seriously. Sifu Unabel is actually a 10 year old kid who has watched too many kung fu movies and has actually never stepped into a kwoon or dojo. If he slams you, its a pretty good sign that you must be saying something semi-intelligent......because he can't understand it and that is why he lashes out at those of superior intellect.
    -jojitsu27

****s

Leave the Kung Fu crowd alone. At least they did not take up TKD.

You can take 10 years of Fung Fu, and I will teach a guy JiuJitsu for 1 year. He will beat the **** out of that Kung Fu guy, same weight, no problem.

Sorry, but reality sometimes sucks.
    Too bad some of you all spend your life learning something that is not at the top of today's styles.

8stepsifu Guest
    Lol, after 3 years of kung fu I fought a jujitsu guy of 3 years (he was also a TKD blackbelt) and beat him no contest. Your argument is weak and I don't buy it. Oh yeah it could be that I also have ground skills and the way thet practiced, they never considered actually hitting on the ground "because it would always be locked and the punches had no power anyway". For the sport of it I used only wrestling with no hitting and neither of us tapped. It was a tie, the second I could bring in groundfighting, I won. I did get caught off guard by some of those gee chokes, but managed to escape. He also outweighed me by 40 lbs and was considerably stronger.
    Kung fu is kind of a broad term. I do 8 Step Praying Mantis, maybe your thinking of wushu? The martial art I practice is geared for fighting.
    My first day of kung fu class, we had a normal class, with punching drills, stances etc. Then afterwards all the students took turns stand up and as it went to the ground continued it to the submission. After several months of consistantly getting my ass kicked, I learned to squirm and eventually learned to apply the techniques myself. I would say that 1 year jj would beat a strictly striking art. Praying Mantis kung fu is grappling and hitting standing up as on the ground

8Step Sifu

dan downard Guest
    McQ ,I never said I had anything to prove.Who are THEY?The people you are angry with have names and handles.If you got picked on by a couple of people from another ethnic background would you condem their whole race?I would just like to try and bring some civility back to this forum.You can help by not throwing out hooks or responding to them.It's really that simple.Peace.

jojitsu27 Guest

don't generalize all arts....

>>>You can take 10 years of Fung Fu, and I will teach a guy JiuJitsu for 1 year. He will beat the **** out of that Kung Fu guy, same weight, no problem.

You can't go around generalizing all martial arts like that. Either you are a kid who doesn't know any better, or you are a beginner in the martial arts who doesn't realize that there are hundreds of styles of kung fu and many, many styles of jujitsu.
    Are you talking about Gracie Jujitsu, Ketsugo Jujitsu, Small Circle Jujitsu, traditional japanese jujitsu style's, American jujitsu, Machado Jujitsu, or generic Brazilian jujitsu.
    Are you talking about Wing Chun Kung Fu, Hun Gar,
    Praying Mantis, White Eyebrow, Tai Chi, Bagua, the list goes on indefinitly....

A more realistic state ment would be....."I can take a guy who actually fights in NHB competition or some other full contact venue (shooto, vale-tudo, full contact karate, full contact kung fu, thai boxing, judo, ect) for only one year and put him up against a McDojo Martial Artist who has never thrown a full contact punch in his entire 10 years and just does a flowery style that is all sets and theoretical technique, and the one year student of full contact fighting will win."

Doesn't that make more sense? You shouldn't generalize all Kung Fu guys, although it does sometime seem that the majority are the "Flashy" Kung fu styles that seem more concerned about how good their sets look than if they could use what they know in a full contact situation.

-jojitsu27

Paul DiMarino Guest

Jojitsu... about Renzo

I haven't personally spoken with him, but my instructor was with him for a week after Pride. (they are good friends and old training partners from Brazil) He said that his elbow just popped out of socket and they popped it right back in. No fracture or anything. He's also doing a seminar while he's here and bringing some of his guys to compete in a tournament we're hosting. Should be fun. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

grasshopper Guest

ahhh mouth boxing

as much as I hate to admitt it , I sometimes miss this sh.lol lol [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] roflmao [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

give it your best ,then give it more.

grasshopper Guest
    oops

[This message was edited by grasshopper on 09-23-00 at 10:49 AM.]