Thread: Starting the new year with pain.

Starting the new year with pain.

Third training session of the new year and the first one with any level of intensity.

On the mats grappling, I step in for a throw (step up raise hands), the guy sails up over my head but he is a beginner so I don't want to drop him hard and he has gone up quite high.
    Because I'm trying to let him down easy I dont step though with the throw (the throw should be done with him going straight up in the air and me walking under and past him), as such my left leg is left out.....which he falls on from a great hight........the leg bends inwards at the knee (not the way the knee is suposed to bend) with lots of poping noise to quite a scary angle. The guy gets up, I stay on the floor......I tell some guy to tug my leg to get it straight (whilst trying not to vomit), the leg makes a poping noise as he straightens it.

So now I am at home (having decided to not to to the hospital at least till the morning)

Their is no sweling, no pain and it is relativly comfortable. I have felt no real pain since the guy pulled my leg (!) but I can not put any weight on it and it feels kind os floppy or slightly loose.

Any ideas?

How far can a knee bend inwards before you damage tendons?

Does the fact that I am not in pain mean that I did not damage tendons?

Anyway Happy New Year to You all.
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

Doesn't sound good. I had a friend who did a cruciate ligament while skiing. He just fell on a race course. He got up and tried to keep skiing, but it was all floppy like you described. No pain, though. Usually cruciate ligaments are associated with pain, so his was unusual. My brother in law did his anterior cruciate ligament while playing (Australian Rules) football and was in a great deal of pain.

Anyway, I hope it's not too bad and you get over it quickly.

Just walk it off. And get to the hospital.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Ouch, dude. Be sure to let us know what it was and how it heals and any other info on it.

Hope you heal soon.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Go to the hospital. Just because it's not painful NOW doesn't mean it won't hurt like a mother in the morning! If it feels "floppy and loose" you might have stretched some ligaments, which can take a long time to heal.

Good luck and tell us how it goes.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Up date.

Its morning now and it hurts a bit more, is stiffer and is a bit swolen.

how long does it take a ligament to heal?

i belive the crucien ligament is the one that stops the knee over extending fotwards right? What coulkd I have damaged bending the knee inwards?
    LOL.. really, what else did you hear?.. did you hear that he was voted Man of the Year by Kung-Fu Magizine?

**** mate, maybe you should take it easy on beginners and not throw them so high, lol

btw we had our first intense session back last night and we've (I've) started free wrestling. its ****ing cool. kind of puts all the other drills and stuff into context.

Really odd thing was as I was coming out of x-ray a guy who got hurt in the same class was walking in . I think he sais he has a broken foot bone or some such.

Its dangerouse this tai chi.

Originally posted by Liokault
    how long does it take a ligament to heal?
    If that's what it is, anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments typically take out Aussie Rules footballers for most of or all of a season. So 6 months or more. These days most of them go straight off to surgery, like the same day

I hope it's not that.