Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Comprehensive Hate/Love America Thread

Angry The Comprehensive Hate/Love America Thread

Here you go. This is the thread you need.

For those of you:
    Naive enough to believe that everything that the U.S. of A. does is for some ulterior motive, that all the problems in the world are a result of too much U.S. intervention, not enough U.S. intervention and that the U.S. is the dark force of the world, determined through economic, political, military and cultural might to make the world in its image, who are completely ignorant of the legacies in world history that got us where we collectively are today, here's a place you can vent your spleen and spare the rest of us.

ALSO, a special 2-for-1 deal!!!!

For those of you:
    Naive enough to believe that everything that the U.S. of A. does is completely altruistic, that none of the problems in the world are a result of too much U.S. intervention, not enough U.S. intervention and that U.S. actions are as pure as the Virgin Mary's poozle, bringing, joy, light, and freedom of choice to the human race around the world, who fervently believe that the history of the United States is untarnished with unjustified acts of violence, cruelty and political, military, cultural or economic manipulation, here's a place you can thrust your chest out, "shout love it, leave it, or get run over by it," and spare the rest of us.

Please save other, useful political threads and conversation for those of us with perspective.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Merryprankster; 01-01-2004 at 08:14 AM.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

*thrust's me chest out*

"OOOOoo say can u seeee? La la laaaaaa la la laaaaaaaaaaa"
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Thumbs up

I am going to see this one through...

Not even 1.000 sensible books or experts could make the distinction, but sharing views and comments is always worthwhile when performed in a civilized manner.

This is probably the most complex thread ever. No one man could say: "Y'all, listen up! Here's the deal..".

Keeping all that in mind, good luck y'all..

//mika

PS. Merry, good one, though
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Man, this political nonsense was OK until you had to go and bring religion into it too...!
    MP
    U.S. actions are as pure as the Virgin Mary's poozle
    I believe the above statement... but whaddja hafta go n start talkin bout that diseased ***** for anyway...???!!!

quietly backs away...
    its safe to say that I train some martial arts. Im not that good really, but most people really suck, so I feel ok about that - Sunfist

Sometime blog on training esp in Japan

Too much **** Clark MP?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

We would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and the very best in 2004! We have much to be thankful for and would like to extend our "best wishes and thanks" to the men and women of the US Armed Forces. Without their courage, devotion to duty and great sacrifices, we would not enjoy the freedom we so easily take for granted.
    Gee, for a real two for one how about posting on the site where the above statement was taken? www.cebudanderson.com Just tell everyone what you really think. Or you could go to http://forums.flyingtigersavg.com/cg...i?action=intro and rattle those old warriors too!
    Oh, by the way, I think they may kick your @zz even though they are in their 80s and 90s.
    Last edited by Bluesman; 01-01-2004 at 09:20 AM.

Many are not sure if they "love to hate or hate to love" the U.S. of A!....Let's think about this in the year to come!... Eh?...

(In a lighter political side; I preview some asskissing "à la Blair" from our new canadian prime-minister directed to the U.S. emperor!...)

old jong, sounds as if you have been eating some bad Canadian beef.

What?...No sense of humor in the NRA?...

Many are not sure if they "love to hate or hate to love" the U.S. of A!....
    Well, that should be the answer... if the dissonance exists then it demonstrates a mixed record, no?
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Since when does "America" do stuff anyway?

People do stuff.

If George Bush orders a bombing in Iraq, does that mean I bombed Iraq by virtue of being an American?

If you think so, pull your head out.

Can we make this thread the sticky thread for a while? I'll toss in some plugs for martialartsmart merchandise if it'll help.
    "hey pal, you wanna do the dance of destruction with the belle of the ball, just say the word." -apoweyn

I dont mind americans really, as a people. I visited L.A. for a couple of weeks once, and on the whole people were quite friendly. although, the amount of overweight people was pretty alarming. Its strange to be of normal size and walk through the streets as a minority. And the flags on peoples front gardens was just plain weird. being proud of where you come from isn't a bad thing, however patriotism can be incredibly dangerous.
    "If there is no grand plan; if there is no big picture; if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do."

If George Bush orders a bombing in Iraq, does that mean I bombed Iraq by virtue of being an American?
    To the people being bombed, probably yes.

Ikken Hisatsu, I don't mind you non-Americans either.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-01-2004 at 02:19 PM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

There are people with perspective here!?