Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another reason I don't post at Bullshido.

Re: Re: fetus style

Originally posted by anton

How old id this style? I thought emus were only native to australia
    Tai Xing has been translated as Phoenix, Ostrich, and Wedge-Tailed Hawk. Today is the first time that I hear the term 'Emu' applied to that form. It's good to learn something everyday.
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Question

Is there a "duck" style ?....

i don't know about the style but we do have a Mandarine Duck kick. I was told mandarine ducks always travel in twos so when we do the kick we kick with the back foot then the front in one hop. kinda hard to explain... but we do have it, i study HK mantis.

sorry my sarcasm is really dry sometimes, and I forgot that I am not speaking to you but posting on a forum.

Animal boxing, like any style, will be effective if you train hard and use it wisely.

There is a duck style

Seriously. There is traditional duck. Modern duck too. There are even duck razors. CMA is funny that way - very exotic. It's what makes it so fun. I've even heard tell of a flea style. Seriously.

As for the Emu, that was my own spin on Ostrich. I like the word Emu better than Ostrich, and they are the same bird, more or less, at least in martial terms. I like the word Rhea too, but the temptation to call it Dire would be too great. China did have trade with Austrailia for centuries - they've had trade with Africa fro centuries - so they might have been exposed to an actual Emu. There's another theory that postulates that the Tai Xing is entirely mythical. Who knows? In an overview piece of weird animal styles, that bit of trivia didn't seem worth pursuing.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Originally posted by Xdr4g0nx
    i don't know about the style but we do have a Mandarine Duck kick. I was told mandarine ducks always travel in twos so when we do the kick we kick with the back foot then the front in one hop. kinda hard to explain... but we do have it, i study HK mantis.

There's a family style of Xingyi (From the Shanxi branch) that has a Mandarin Duck Kicks style
    "I'm into murders and executions, mostly"

Re: There is a duck style

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Seriously. There is traditional duck. Modern duck too. There are even duck razors. CMA is funny that way - very exotic. It's what makes it so fun. I've even heard tell of a flea style. Seriously.

As for the Emu, that was my own spin on Ostrich. I like the word Emu better than Ostrich, and they are the same bird, more or less, at least in martial terms. I like the word Rhea too, but the temptation to call it Dire would be too great. China did have trade with Austrailia for centuries - they've had trade with Africa fro centuries - so they might have been exposed to an actual Emu. There's another theory that postulates that the Tai Xing is entirely mythical. Who knows? In an overview piece of weird animal styles, that bit of trivia didn't seem worth pursuing.
    The emu and the ostrich are actually quite different, but anyway
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    imagination...okay

I think Fetus style is lying on the ground in the fetal position with your eyes closed. Feeding off of your opponents digested food and lifeblood. And when the time comes for you to leave you make a dramatic exit with a slap to the butt and a whole lot of crying.
    I was thinking more along the lines of rolling around holding your stomach, crying for mommy 'cause you tried that scorpion style.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

but is there a style based upon Duck Dodgers in the 21st and 3/4 century?
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

...The tough guy...."You want to duck with me?"

joedoe

What about the Rhea?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

12. Thumbs up

That´s patently bizarre IMHO but they ought to come up with cassowary style by now.Not that there´s anything that you can get out of it but hey...
    They would have the paleognathae covered up,pretty much.

What about the Rhea?
    http://www.bartleby.com/65/rh/rhea.html
    Last edited by Former castleva; 01-15-2004 at 07:08 PM.

Re: joedoe

Originally posted by GeneChing
    What about the Rhea?
    I don't know much about them, but they appear to be closer to a cassowary than an emu. Emus are mostly harmless unless you **** them off, then they just peck at you. Now the cassowary is a dangerous bird - claws sharp enough to cut a man open and a huge kick to back it up.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Originally posted by old jong
    Is there a "duck" style ?....
    yes
    It's featured in a video/DVD/VCD called "This is Kung Fu". It's a documentary about CMA from Shaolin to Wudan to Emei to etc. It's got Jet Li on the cover. There's also some footage of really young Jet Li.

The film also showed a 'dog style'. The guy looks like he's break dancing. And it says the 'dog ****ing' move is a groin attack.
    -------------------------------------------
    "It is a good thing to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this."
    - Yamamoto Tsunetomo, from Hagakure

How the HELL did this turn into a duck style thread.

I'm calling my lawyer.