Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another reason I don't post at Bullshido.

dog makes water

That's one of my favorite Kung Fu moves ever. In fact, if you bother to go back to that original article I wrote on exotic animals, you'll see a pic of Shi Yanming doing that 'dog makes water' pose. He's on all fours, doggy style, with one leg lifted. And you though scorpion was funny. Duck is even funnier. It waddles. Seriously, the focus is all on leg work, this weird Chuck Berry-like strut.

Anyone got a pic of a Cassowary? I've never even heard of that one. I figured I was being clever just konwing about Rheas...
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Re: dog makes water

Originally posted by GeneChing
    Anyone got a pic of a Cassowary? I've never even heard of that one. I figured I was being clever just konwing about Rheas...
    Its another Australian bird http://images.google.com.au/images?s...-8&q=cassowary
    The eunuch should not take pride in his chastity

on the "natural boxing" vcd they do a drill where he does the duck steps whilst punching. It's really hard to do and probably builds up leg strength. My 1 year old niece thinks it looks very funny and she is right.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Wink

Talking about strange animals...What about "pig style"?... I heard their favorite weapon is the "chop"!...

~slowly and cautiously backs away from this thread~

I tried but I can't!

when a person takes what is symbolic and attempts to manifest it in a literal sense, they fall victim to their own stupidity.

animal styles are "symbolic" not literal transformations of the human form.

Traits that are seen in animals are "borrowed", IE: fierceness, entraping, circling, lunging, jumping, pounding etc etc etc. as seen in the animal realm, transposed to the human form.

To think one is a tiger will aid in developing only the persons perception of what they think a tiger is. It is not a truth.

So, you see where the problem lies with religious thinking now.
    lol, there are no answers that you don't already have, and you're not getting anymore until you come up with them yourself!

cheers

p.s SA- the homework story was good. made me larf, smart @ss kid
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blame the mother too.

Bullshido sucks without the strangler. Reading those posts was like watching Jerry Springer

pig style!

OK I got one on pig. I've never heard of a pig style specifically, buuuuut, some styles fight with rake, and that rake is almost always attributed to Piggy of Journey to the West, the classic novel of the Monkey King. As you know, the monkey king fought with staff, so there's a lot of monkey staff forms in CMA. But there are also Piggy rakes. These are usually nine-pointed, since Piggy's rake was nine-pointed.

I love CMA. We fight with anything. And if you know enough about it, you can find all sorts of animals. Try give me another....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene,
    What about tick style?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

OK, no tick, but ...

... do you all remember Marc Saltzman? He wrote Iron & Silk and starred in the movie made from his book. He was a student of GM Pan Qingfu. Anyway, he married Jessica Yu, an Academy Award winner filmaker who I used to fence with. I used to arm her mom, Connie Yu, who was also a nationally-ranked fencer. So I've met Marc, when he came by the sword shop that I used to work at, and he once told me that he witnessed a flea style. He described it as some old guy with really buggy glasses, and in the guys form, he hopped about like a flea. That's the closest I can get to tick at this time.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Is there a skunk style?...

Re: pig style!

Originally posted by GeneChing
    OK I got one on pig. I've never heard of a pig style specifically, buuuuut, some styles fight with rake, and that rake is almost always attributed to Piggy of Journey to the West, the classic novel of the Monkey King. As you know, the monkey king fought with staff, so there's a lot of monkey staff forms in CMA. But there are also Piggy rakes. These are usually nine-pointed, since Piggy's rake was nine-pointed.

I love CMA. We fight with anything. And if you know enough about it, you can find all sorts of animals. Try give me another....
    I know a rake form. Very nice weapon.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

This is why i like KFM. You can go from talking about numbskulls to talking about fleas all in the same thread.