Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: attn vegetarians: your sex life may suffer

attn vegetarians: your sex life may suffer

I read something yesterday that said soy consumption can lead to erectile disfunction, among other things.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I have been hearing for a couple of years now that too much soy can cause estrogenic effects. Don't know if it's true or not.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Greetings,

Soy may also protect against prostate cancer.

mickey

Correct. There have been numerous studies that show that consuming a lot of soy will supress testosterone and boost estrogen levels in men. Some even theorize that the reason why soy can reduce risk of heart attack and prostate cancer is for this very reason since both are male/testosterone-related problems. Soy in young boys can cause growth and development issues since it supresses testosterone, which is what turns boys into men (for simplicity's sake). Not something to be taken lightly.

Ford Prefect,

Couldn't soy in small amounts act as an trigger for the body to produce more testosterone to maintain hormonal balance? I think this would be better than taking steroids.

mickey

No.

So what's an overdose of soy then? For example, a lot of guys would replace milk with soy milk (lactose intolerant, etc.) How much effect would this have? Let's say you have soy milk on your breakfast cereal and one or two drinks of tea or coffee a day with soy milk in them - I guess that's a fairly normal usage. Would this be enough to cause problems?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

I use soy milk on my cereal in the morning. So far I have not noticed any problems
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

uh

I've been drinking Soy for five years and all I know is that the ladies sure haven't complained about it IFYOUKNOWWHATI'MSAYINAWWYEAH

There ya go. Irrefutable, scientific proof from the "sXe Warrior". Sounds legit to me.

gee, people really need to do more research with soy. anyhoo, it stops your body from absorbing D and b12 (IIRC, its been awhile since i dwelled on the soy subject).
    Japanese wives feed their hubbys lots of tofu when they didnt want to get pregnant. What does that tell ya?
    SO ALL YOU MORONS EAT MORE TOFU!! Cause i don't want morons reproducing.
    I'm leaving this open for retaliation!

Re: uh

Originally posted by Spark
    I've been drinking Soy for five years and all I know is that the ladies sure haven't complained about it IFYOUKNOWWHATI'MSAYINAWWYEAH
    well, I would expect compliments too if I was banging my cousins as well. I mean, family always gonna be positive!

HAHA!
    j/k, i'm in a dis'ing mood

wow

that was harsh.

I'd take offense if I had any cousins or was from the states. lucky for me neither apply!

don't mind him -- he's on the east coast, and east coasters have the idea of bangin their cousins in the forefront of their minds.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

I don't think anyone here has to worry about soy milk or tofu turning them into girly men.