Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hung Gar Tang Fong Lineage?

Je Lei Sifu,

Some good points you made in your writing above.

It looks like Lam Yo had no Sihing, when we look at the later fabricated Alumni Chart. Strange indeed.
    South Paw

I agree

South Paw,

It is very strange. As a matter of fact the history of hung ga in general is strange. There are too many different stories even within the same family lineage. The only thing we can do as practitioners is to listen to what is being said and research. I think each family and each lineage all have something in common when it comes to the history but it's the parts that we cannot agree upon that we need to research.

Peace

Jerry Battle
    The Southern Fist Subdues The Fierce Mountain Tiger

Right

Je Li Sifu,

Anyway it's not up to one family to dictate what is the true history.

Regards
    South Paw

OH PLEASE

HEY JLS, we were having a nice convo through emails behind the scenes and you come on here trying to talk tough man, pick a role you gonna be cool or act hard. we emailed each other and i found you very respectful and on here u talkin as if your in charge lol you need to be easy man and extend courtesy when courtesy is given

I'm Lost

Deathtouch,

I'm not sure about the time in which I tried to act hard, that's the last imagine I would like to portray of myself. If you can help me out by pointing out where this has according, I be sure to apologize to everyone if I came of like that. As far as me respectful, I tried to be that way at all times. Some people on this forum know me personally and they can assure as well as I can assure that I give nothing but respect to everyone.

Peace.

Jerry Battle

Friends will help you keep secrets.
    A good friend will drive 5 hours out to the middle of the desert to help bury your secrets.

I consider JLS a good friend and will support (from personal experience) that he is nothing but a respectful individual, even around people he does not like. He's not the type to talk tough, preferring matters to be settled civilly or with hands, and not heated or boastful words.

JLS
    Yo, we need to set up another road trip so we can put the hurtin on some yardbird and some hobbits.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Ain't Nothing Like Some Yardbird & Hobbits

BMore Banga,

lol. It's been a minute since I had some of that DC yardbird. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hook up with a DC Hobbit.

Guess you can't give me the 411 on that anymore

When are you coming back to Philly?

Peace

Jerry Battle

true, but there are always san shou chix ppprrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I visit my folks all the time.
    I just never know which # you're gonna be at.
    I'll find out the next time they want me up there & let u know.
    I'm thinking Easter or sometime in March.
    Feb's gettin busy with work stuff; but I still may end up there.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

No Problem

Dats Wassup,

Give me a call at either number or email me before you come up. We can hit Chinatown again for dinner. Depending on what time you get into town, we can even pay a visit to the mo gwoon.

Peace

Jerry Battle

no harm no foul , i just prefer being direct. but peace train hard

Cool

Deathtouch,

No problem my man. Stay cool.

Peace.

Jerry Battle

Ya know what I think? I think everyone's Hung-Ga is wrong except for MINE! My Sifu's Sifu's Sifu has stated this and although he is long passed away, his word is law. So you guys can argue till the cows come home, only I have the real deal!!!!!
    The proof whether anyone really knows Hung-Ga is if they know the Lung Hung Bot Gwa=Dragon walks the eight Diagrams-special footwork. I f they don't know this technique, then they don't know the higher levels of Hung Ga, for without this, the hand techniques are useless.
    "There are two types of people in this world-those who do Kung-Fu, and those who think they do."

I must say that I am a bit disappointed in my first posting at this forum. I had no intention of starting a debate on which lineage is the REAL hung gar. I just wanted to know what the difference in each lineage was and if there was any other people who studied Tang Fong lineage. To say that one lineage is better or more original than the other other is akin to saying one style is better than another. I have trained in both Hung gar and 7 star praying mantis and both are very good styles. I would only show my ignorance if I said that one was more superior. I think it's all dependant on the Sifu and the student on which style is better for themselves. No matter what lineage, each student and sifu have different qualities they bring to a style and I believe that it doesn't matter if it's Lam Sai Wing, Tang Fong or even Wong Fei Hung were your teachers your style is going to change because we all have different body styles and strengths and weaknesses. The important issue is that we carry on with dedication and hard work that Traditional Kung Fu demands of us.
    Thank you and I hope I have not offended anybody by this posting.

To HungFutKune

All I have to say is, I know the sifu in Vancouver whom you refer to. He is the best Hung Gar sifu there is. I'm sorry to offend many of you, but it is the truth. In fact, I'd go so far as to say he's the best Kung Fu teacher. I really mean this, not trolling.

HungFutKune, I don't know why you're not training with him still, but if you're still in Vancouver get your butt back there if you want to learn the real thing.

To Keng Geng

Thanks for your reply Keng Geng,

Which sifu are you refering to in Vancouver? I did train with two of them. How do you know him?

I do agree with you, one of them is one of the best kung fu sifu's I have seen or ever met. It's only a shame that he hasn't got the noteriety that some other Hung Gar masters have. His school is very small and many of the martial arts students in Vancouver do not appreciate TRADITIONAL martial arts.

I posted originally on this site to see what other people's opinions are in regards to the differences of Lam Sai Wing lineage and Tang Fong lineage, but as to date no one has been able to answer me.

In regards to me getting off my butt and start training again? Thank you for your concern but unfortunately due to work commitments I have been relocated to China, and funny enough there is no Hung Gar in shanghai that I have been able to find. I have started to train in Northern Style 7star praying Mantis while I am here though. It is also a very good style if taught properly.

Anyways thanks again for your reply and your support of one of my sifu's. (I just hope we are talking about the same one). Also feel free to email or pm me. We actually might know each other.