Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: power generation

power generation

If you could sum up the power generation method of your art, what would you say it is? (doesn't have to be one sentence - just one overarching, underlining principle) In the end, aren't all the arts dealing with moving/generating with the whole body? When we say that different arts have different methods of power generation, what does that mean? Are the actual end result (in terms of your body - not the effect of the power generated on the opponent) different, or is it just a difference in training methodology? Please discuss...
    ...don't think you are, know you are...

for most it starts with rooting, and structure or alignment. Add the hips as well.

Driving off the back leg getting the entire structure and its weight going, adding the power of the upper back and shoulder in the swing plus the added speed of the bicep/tricep (forearm) and wrist.

It starts out like a cannon and ends sort of like a whip. Mass and speed.

Where ever I Am; today, West Virginia, US of A, NA, N of EUdMexico
    Blog Entries

related to My generating power

Conceptualization/Be

I get a notion then~do other than try. It happens best I can at that instant/moment, those moments.
    Last edited by No_Know; 01-16-2004 at 01:50 PM.
    There are four lights...¼ impulse...all donations can be sent at PayPal.com to qumpreyndweth@juno.com; vurecords.com

Hello Falcor,

For me it is Chi. Without Chi there is no power issuing method to speak about. It is the very beginning, the wellspring, of what you are asking about.

mickey

My power comes from my stepping. When you first start splashing hands you might find you have little power, but after practice power will come. When the hands and feet move as one then the true power will be released.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

When one part of the body moves , all parts move

Bagua = Tornado energy.

Actually, power in CMA starts in the middle and goes out equally through the limbs or head. the difference is in the method of minipulating the center. Training methods of different systems develop disinctive habits making subtle differences in power generation.
    Count

Live it or live with it.

KABOOOM

Power comes from the kua in conjunction with the lower back.

CaptinPickAxe, what's splashing hands?

red5angel, check your PMs
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

for me ...chi through 3 jies..ie..hand strikes..gather collect chi , direct through shoulder, elbow, finger tips...crash like tidal wave....whole body supporting....stay with the moment...what you are doing at the moment, must be exactly what you are doing at the moment, doing it to the fullest to exclusion of all else.....true zen

It starts from the waist/hip area and moves outward through the limbs. It's all about sinking the hips and shoulders.
    Shut up and train.

LUEsers unite

exercise, conditioning, body mechanics.

the rest comes natural. just do the work and don't look for shortcuts...there aren't any. and the longer you look for secret energy the longer you are putting off doing the real work required to attain power in your physical and mental being.

as for spirituality, well, that's in the realm of the esoteric, you either have symbols at your core belief system that supports your spiritual energy, or you don't.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Isshinryu Karate (OMA)

I guess it would be a twisting, snapping power. Pushing through the ground, twisting the whole of the body in a sharp circle, letting the striking instrument whip into and out of the target.

Waitaminute . . . that explains most of the upper body strikes, but what about kicks? I guess those'd just be the same generation, just with movement at different points.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.