Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: discipline or dollars

students of "affluent backgrounds" in kungfu?! Havent seen any daughters and sons of the rich & famous in my school. Most folks are just getting by and make a lot of sacrifices to train.

Reality is that life is about choice. You choose your profession. You choose your hobbies. Stop whining about the cost of things and critically examine your life. Only three possibilities, you're moving toward your goals, moving away from them or holding the status quo. (financial, kungfu, whatever) Maybe that Chi massage course is an investment that is gonna bust you through to the next level. (improve your kung fu, allow to open up a massage business on the side whatever.)

Dont think anyone on this board woke up to a pile of money one morning. Most of us bust our butts to get what we have. It is where we direct our energy that is the key.

lol i'm not whining! just offering my opinions on a subject and i'm grateful for your opinions, and i may well be wrong but i wont see that if u tell me, only on my own. this particular thread speaks volumes i believe about each of those posting including me, if i appear whiney to you fair enough, but i can think of better people to moan and groan to than you.

actually i'd like to answer my own self riteous and whiney post. no one has asked me this:

ok, so you would prefer things to be about discipline would you? ok, how much time do you spend on your taiji forms each day? do you spend 3 hours a day religiously? you spend an hour a day after work? do you even go through the form once a day? if you dont then how can you preach about discipline? perfect what you have before you even worry about buying or learning anything else.
    i dont train even everyday at the moment so why dont i just shut up and
    Ecce nunc patiemur philosphantem nobis asinum?

what transcends the buddha and the law? Cakes.

"Practice is better than Art, because your practice will suffice without art, while the art means nothing without practice." - Hanko Doebringer, 14th century

Western way? Please...

China has been ferociously capitalist for 5000 years. It's been "communist" for 50, and that's being rapidly left behind.