Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese New Year!

I'm sure if you check the www.atlantamartialarts.com Chinese schools section, you may find at least one, maybe two...
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

We will be doing a Lion Dance, TCMA demo and a pot luck dinner with some of the other schools in the area...

~Jason
    館術國勇威 Wei Yong Martial Arts Association
    戰挑的權霸統傳 The Challenge for Traditional Supremacy
    http://www.weiyongkungfu.com

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    Since opening my school in Oct, I'd decided to wait to do a grand opening celebration on the 5th.

Yu Shan is going to bring his Lion Team over to help out and my students and I will be doing demos for several hours that afternoon.

"Gung Hey Fat Choy" or something close is cantonese, right? Anyone know the mandarin?

hope to attract a some business.
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Oso..

Gong Shi Fa Tsai! (In Mandarin, not sure of the Pinyan though)

I'm arranging our Lion Dances in the next few weekends.

Got 9 lined-up and another 12 yet to confirm.

Always fun!

Thanks!

do you know the tones?
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Re: Oso..

Originally posted by SaekSan
    Gong Shi Fa Tsai! (In Mandarin, not sure of the Pinyan though)

I'm arranging our Lion Dances in the next few weekends.

Got 9 lined-up and another 12 yet to confirm.

Always fun!

I think it is Gong Xi Fa Cai in pinyin. Not sure about the tones
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

Right you are joedoe and the tones Oso would be:

Gong1 Xi3 Fa1 Cai2

Thanks a bunch, guys !

If I could impose one more time:

"Gung Ho Sun Hey" Congratulations on the New Year

PangQuan:
    What day are you all doing your lion dance and demo in PCT? And what school should a look for? I will be with the CBCC some time during Chinese New Year..

~Jason

If I may ask what school do you goto in Portland?
    The Chinese Kung Fu Assosiation, Sifu Tran Duy Mihn. He is opening/switching to the Chinese Shaolin Acadamy soon.

here is the link. http://www.ckfa-kungfu.com/
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Thank you!!!

PangQuan:
    Thank you... I hope to see you all down town.. Last year it just was the CBCC, Fen Kwoon (my school) and NorthWest Lion Dance Association.

NWLDA did not get the Greens (Ching ) at the Portland Chinese Garden. They also was being very disrespectful to the older troups when passing them on the street. They Made themselves look really bad here in the Portland Chinese Community. I hope that they will be a little more respectful this year. My troup is the 2nd oldest troupe in the state now. The CBCC is the oldeist (1891). James Sifu of the CBCC said that they will not be so forgiving this year nor will my school .

I hope to see you all down there thou, It will be cool to see some more troups.. Keep an eye out for my school flags... Like the one on my Avatar.. Please come up and say Hi!, maybe we go get some lunch or somthing.

~Jason

Nice, I will keep an eye out for your flags. I am not on the lion dancing team but my teacher has been speaking about the new year. I am hoping it all works out for him. We will be moving soon so I hope that this does not disturb his wishes to perform. I think his dancers are ready but we will see for sure come the 8th. Regardless of the outcome I will definately be checking your dancers out. Do you dance with them?
    Last edited by PangQuan; 01-10-2005 at 01:30 PM.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"

lol...no not anymore.. I'm to old... Tell him best wish~is! And good luck!

~Jason

For sure !
    ~Sima Qian

~PangQuan

New Years in Asheville

We have shows here in Nashville. But the highlight is our trip to Asheville to help out Oso. All we ask... beer!