Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: "Light Gung Fu"

1. Red face

Originally posted by Ego_Extrodinaire
    ... I guess...I don't know why ...maybe...
    Anything with so many qualifications really deserves some comment...

Fung Sui experts were able to raise the dead with spirits. Generally, they used to be corpses of slained manchu troops.

The ruling family lived in seclusion in the forbidden city that was fortified against the outside world.

political decisions shift like the sands - like we see in today's conflicts.

What we know of the chinese... They had weapons that were unheard of in medieval europe.

if you disrupt the monk's meditative state, they could lose their iron body ability as well as come crashing to the ground.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

Facts are facts and will not disappear on account of your likes.
    Jawaharlal Nehru (1889 - 1964)

Whether to straighten out your fantasy or just liven it up, I'd like to suggest taking a look at the bibliographical "Chinese History: A Manual" by Endymion Wilkinson.

Best of luck,
    CT

travelsbyknight,

The chinese probably had to fight against beasts from nine hells. One might think the masters worshipped demons, but they were probably harnessing other worldly energies for the good of mankind.

Nevertheless, the southern mantis master was probably the last of his kind. If he were in the old days, he'll be no master but a mere apprentice.

So Ego, how close do you live to the chemical factories?

This thread is getting bizaar! Sheesh, we all know light kung fu exists because we saw it on Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. C'mon.

Oi Ji

That moveie was a poor attempt at recreating things as it once was. But today, we need high wire acts and special effects. This is a bit like the movie Black Hawk down a documentrical movie.

The iraqis studied the movie Black Hawk down in the hope at defeating the US. However, they failed to realize the US had heavy armor and air power. As a result thousands of Iraqis rushed to their deaths.

Don't forget all of those European witches who could fly on broomsticks. Perhaps they used the same methods...

China now has about 1.3 billion people. There is great prestige in being a wushu champion; I would humbly suggest that those champion athletes on the national team demonstrate the current limits of the human body. Think Jet Li - without the wires.

And this is not to suggest that kung fu for sport is the same as kung fu for combat, only that leaping abilitiy, strength, etc, would be comparable.

How wonderful it would be if masters *could fly! And yet, and yet... they don't

I do not know the limit of the human mind for processing kinesthetic data - but competitive athletes would do *anything to win, and none of them seem to have learned these abilities. Ask yourself which is more likely: that some people can fly, or that many people exaggerate stories of ancient days?

I just want to be able to throw a punch without wobbling.
    The lyfe so short, the craft so long to lerne.
    - Chaucer