Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pointing to the Moon Part 1:

Re: Thanks for the replys!

Originally posted by yenhoi
    “STANDING” – Out of range: I want to use this as a ‘range’ in order to discuss things like reality self-defense, awareness, pre-fight and post-fight and multiple opponent scenarios. Concealing weapons, pre-deploying weapons, clothing, ring strategy, etc.
    reality self defense/awareness

looking around you as you walk

walking a few feet away from corners, so that you can see
    around them

getting your keys out and ready before you get to the car

ALWAYS locking the car when you leave it unattended

checking the rear view mirror frequently to watch for people following you.

having a hand on your pepper spray in case you need to use it.

parking in well lit areas

education on things, such as where to drive if you are being followed.

Alot of awareness stuff seems like paranoia...that could be true. There was a quote in the movie "Strange Days" - "paranoia is merely reality on a finer scale."

pre fight

the owner of the local MA supply store (also a BB in judo and a 5th degree bb in kendo and iaido) said that he sizes up people the very second they come into the store. He will do a quick scan to see if they have bulges in their clothes - he's checking for concealed weapons.

clothing

is your opponent wearing a jacket? you can grab it, same as you would a gi for throws and takedowns.

you can pull it over his head and ten wail on him

pants that are sagged? Then you know he can't kick too well.

tight clothing? grappler's hooks
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

ttt

ttt
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

SevenStar

Greetings..

The owner of that MA supply store sounds a lot like one here in Orlando.. could it be the same?

Be well..
    TaiChiBob.. "the teacher that is not also a student is neither"

TaiChiBob,

Nah, I'm in TN. However, a student of his did move to florida. I'm not sure if he opened an MA supply store or not though.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    TaiChiBob,

Nah, I'm in TN. However, a student of his did move to florida. I'm not sure if he opened an MA supply store or not though.
    Hey SevenStar,

Just noticed you're in TN. I'm in Nashville.

cool. yu shan and bung bo are in nashville also. I'm in memphis.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

ttt

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter