Thread: inexpensive schools that teach TCM/taiji/qi gong

ninja turtle Guest

inexpensive schools that teach TCM/taiji/qi gong

i'm looking for a school(person, university, ongoing classes, whatever.) that can teach me accupuncture, herbology, taiji, qi gong, anatomy,
    massage therapy- all or most.
    preferably in hawaii, oregon/washington/british columbia, maine, massachusetts, NY, or connecticut.

the main neccessity is that it is inexpensive...
    because i have no money.

if anyone else is interested in the same- check out NATURALHEALERS.com- it's good and user friendly- i just want a human opinion.

Pilgrim Guest

cheap schools

Let's see...want to learn Chinese medicine, herbs and qi gong. Cheap. There are none. Get into reality, look under acupuncture in a search engine,look in blue poppy .com, it's easy to get school catalogs.

origenx Guest
    Yeah, I hard acupuncture schools are really expensive - probably because of extremely low enrollment. Each graduating class might have only 10 students! So, do the math...

Kung Lek Guest
    Hi, check this site out

http://medboo.com/eng/

you just might find what you are looking for.
    The tuition and fees are very reasonable and the format is distance learning. (collaberative environment, study materials, discussion, practice...etc)

At the very least, you can subscribe to their most informative and free newsletter.

peace

Kung Lek

Kevin Wallbridge Guest
    The least expensive way to get the training is to have a mentor offer you the information. Good luck. Otherwise if you want to get the skills you are at least likely to have to go into debt.

I teach at a school in Nelson BC, look for www.acos.org (Academy of Classical Oriental Sciences). Were you are from can affect your qualifications for funding, but Canadians can qualify for both provincial and federal student loans. Since the school is located outside the lower mainland of BC the cost of living is comparatively low, which is a key consideration when undertaking any post-secondary program. As well, if you are American, the exchange rate is in your favour.

Another thing to consider is your existing academic background, do you have post-secondary experience? If not then taking something at a college, even a local community college, would be a good idea. Only about half the people who start our program finish it, I don't know about other schools graduate percentages, so you want to be sure you are prepared for the academics. For example, in the program at ACOS you must learn to read Chinese, and many students find this a heavy burden academically, on top of the medical information (which is both TCM and bio-medicine).

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai