Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Healthy Tea

joedoe Guest
    Great thread. Love it. I love green tea too :)

One thing you might want to try, and some Chinese restaurants do this, is to add some dried chrysanthemum flowers (comes like a tea as well)to your tea to take the edge off the tea. It also gives it a faintly sweet taste.

Guns don't kill people, I kill people

Retired Taoist Guest
    For Oolongs, I would recommand Dahongpao and Yelaixiang, really nice teas with enough flavor to satisfy a coffee drinker.

For green teas, I guess it takes a while to get used to their light taste. Xihu Longjing, Gaoshan Yunlu, Zhenzhu Shouyuan and Piluochun are quite nice.

You can also try sone white teas (they are suposed to be among the best) like Yinzhen or teas made of different herbs like Babaocha (Eight treasures tea)...

Enjoy ;)

Dim Dam Doum

Panther Guest
    I have seen this drink in the chinese markets "chrysanthemum drinks" what are their health benefits?
    Are they a good replacement for coffee or sodapop?

dunbarj01 Guest
    These drinks are usually contain the extract of the flower and a lot of cane sugar as well as colourings and flavour. The flowers, I have read, have a supposed benefit for vision. Someone else might have heard something similar.

Cheers

fiercest tiger Guest

good health tea

Lo Han Gou used for healing lungs, good for smokers after they quite!

its a fruit that looks like a passion friut, but dark green/black colour. you can make soups with it as well, but the lo han gou tea is in a cube form. very sweet and sugary too!

come & visit us!
    http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
    yaukungmun@hotmail.com

dunbarj01 Guest

Lohan Guo

Hey FT,

I usually have it when I have a dry, sore throat although to me it tastes like 80% sugar/20% beef stock cube :p I find it works well for about 30 minutes. I didn't know it was recommended for ex-smokers - I'll have to drink it more often (if I can). :D

Cheers,

SLC Guest
    I found this tea merchent on the net and have been happy with their service:

http://www.specialteas.com/

Can eat with either hand. (But becomes moody when not fed regularly.)