Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: KUNG FU HUSTLE - Stephen Chow's latest Kung Fu Flick

Re: Thanks for the support, SLL...

Originally posted by GeneChing
    ...but if Sony Classic Pictures is going to release it stateside that soon, they'll probably clamp down on HK uni-platform DVDs and it'll go straight to US DVD distribution. In which case, we won't carry it. We generally don't carry DVDs in regular release which explains why we don't carry Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, or even Enter the Dragon. You can find that stuff at Blockbuster so it's not worth it for us to try to compete there.
    well get those uni dvd's quick then .. blockbuster..... i'm not a member boo hoo. guess they got walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Question My CDs

Hey Shaolin Lube you forgot to drop off my cds at the school the other night ago.

Re: My CDs

Originally posted by ShaolinJOJO
    Hey Shaolin Lube you forgot to drop off my cds at the school the other night ago.
    yeah i didnt get home until 11pm and i had to wake up at 3pm. so chill kid.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Originally posted by Gene Ching
    And what a great role for Chiu Chi Ling!
    You're right Gene. It sure is the best role for him so far. I'm really happy for Sifu Chiu Chi Ling.....and he showed superb Hung Gar!

Regards,
    KPE
    South Paw

Purdue during the school year and South Bend during the summer.

I kinda saw it allready. Most likely illegally.

I saw a subbed version of the movie not too long ago. It was quite an entertaining and funny movie. I loved the comedy in the movie which was even better than Steven Chow's Shaolin Soccer. I say everyone should go see it.

chinese release is out now. region 3 dvd.

Greetings,

I saw Kung Fu Hustle and I have to agree with you guys. It is one great movie. I enjoyed the score as much as the movie. It was really nice to see Bruce Liang back in the movies again. He still has his legs.

Kung Fu Hustle successfully transfers the spirit and the look of Jademan comics to the screen.

Thank you all for recommending this movie!

mickey

US release dates

Kung Fu Hustle is scheduled for a limited release (LA & NY) on March 18 and a national release on April Fool's Day, appropriately. It's being advertising in the video gaming mags, which are expensive ads since vidoegame mags are one of the few genres that continues to succeed on the newsstand. It surprised me that it's going to be rated R.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

at least you guys got to see it with subtitles that you could understand.

subtitles aren't really necessary...

... I think the only thing I would need subtitles for would be who Chow gets his powers in the end. That was a bit of a deux ex machina move, but it works with the flow of the film.

I just saw it again last Saturday (the first time I saw it was off HK DVD on a 3" screen on my kid's computer). It's much better on a bigger screen (obviously). As always, I'll be interested to see how it plays in the US, whether Americans can 'get it' and what kind of release it gets. April 1st is probably not that good of a date since that means it'll go head-to-head with Sin City which will probably take the box office for that weekend.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing
    ... I think the only thing I would need subtitles for would be who Chow gets his powers in the end. That was a bit of a deux ex machina move, but it works with the flow of the film.
    thats exactly why i need subtitles. i understood it a bit, but had no clue really. the rest your right. it doesnt matter.

The explanation of that was sort of lame, actually.

...I can't reveal it here because it would be too much of a spoiler.

Tell me this thread isn't going to evolve into another geneching/shaolinlueb ping pong match. I still haven't got all the nacho stains out from the last one....
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

hahahahaha nice, i guess we can talk in email then.
    dude you wouldnt believe the press this movie recieved when it first came out in china. i was over there when it came out. infact i think i saw it on christmas day with my friend. it was all over the tv and posters everywhere. and every other poster was yao ming.

Release date now April 8

I hear their pushing back the date of Kung Fu Hustle one week - probably to avoid Sin City's premiere. They're always pushing around release dates of HK films. Poor Stephan Chow....he must hate that.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Just adding my vote for this was a great movie.
    If you are near a chinatown, get the official VCD. The quality is very good and it's only about 9 bucks. Comes with English subs.

Also, check out the official site:
    http://www.sonyclassics.com/kungfuhustle/
    Keep hitting backspace and it will randomly go to a different character page.

Here's the one for Chiu Chi Ling:
    http://www.sonyclassics.com/kungfuhustle/splash/tailor/

And for the hoopla, enter the site, click on "media" and then "video extras" It has the major asian cities premier videos. Pretty cool. Another bonus is the video clips (quite a few and subtitlted) and the corny computer games.