Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dit Da Jow...

i have purchased and used jow made by one of our forum lurkers.

plumdragon.

i had developed some tendon issues in my wrists, got in touch with him, he threw in some extra herb(s) for my specific ailment and sent it out. got it quick and in a weeks time the problem i had been having for weeks was gone.

just ordered up a bottle of his 1+ year aged jow and am looking forward to using it.

check his shop out. he has iron palm and regular bruise liniment.

http://www.plumdragonherbs.com/catalog/quality.php
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Dit Da Jow

I concur with Dale Dugas and herb ox. 80% vodka is the best. Save the single malt for your drinking.

xiaotiema
    xiaotiema

dit da jow

anyone had good success with this?
    anyone found it useless?
    gotta bad wrist ,torn tendons how long on average to mend using dit da jow?

It is entirely dependant on what you are using. Dit Da Jow is a type of medicine, but there are all kinds, some of them for very different purposes. It's like using the phrase "cough syrup", or "cold medicine." Are you talking Guifenasin, dyphenhydramine, pseudoephedrine, or something else?

Anyway, there are many kinds of Dit Da Jow. What kind are you using?

dit da jow

master yaus family jow,,,multi purpose
    http://www.chinesehealtharts.co.uk/s...p?style=lotion
    there the site if you wouldnt mind checking it out for me

I cannot vouch for what you are using, but for a sprain, I'd recommend something that has Methyl Salicilate (an analgesic) to reduce inflamation. Not all mentholated jows have this ingredient, but for an injury such as yours in the acute stage, I'd recommend it.

My external liniment for general healing (once the swelling goes down) takes about three to seven days for a minor sprain. That is with ibuprofen to control inflammation, which can sometimes return if you keep training with the injury.

I also use a "cooking" type jow when the injury calls for heat, and an internal jow as a general tonic when I've been beat up for awhile. Sometimes I have to train for more than two weeks in a row without a break and that really wears you down unless you use an internal jow.

I hope this helps. Your teacher's or Chinese medical practitioner can give more detailed advice to your specific case.

Die Da Jieu

Re. you jow it's hard to tell from the website what exactly is in the jow or for what purpose it is used. Generally speaking there are two kinds of jows: those used for older chronic injuries that tend to be warming, and those used for recent, acute injuries that tend to be cooling - or that are neutral in temperature but contain a lot of blood moving herbs. There are also a lot of specific jows for specific purposes, such as iron palm training jows etc.

The following link for Blue Poppy Press gives descriptions of specific jows for specific purposes:

http://www.bluepoppy.com/cfwebstoref...TOKEN=83983316

You may also want to check out Tom Bisio's book (see thread above) for a good general-purpose acute injury jow. There is also a very good jow for tendon injuries that typically get worse in cold, damp weather. Jows are easy to make and you'll save money in the long run if you use them a lot. At the very least, you'll also know exactly what's in your jow.

As a point of personal preference I don't like jows in plastic bottles as I'm always wary of the chemicals in the plastic leaching into the jow.

Best,

Steve Lamade
    Last edited by lhommedieu; 11-17-2006 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add more information

Everybody needs dit da jow

My husband and I have tried a few kinds and brands and right now we use two different kinds of dit da jow: one for regular bruises and the other for bruises deep enough to affect the bone and/or when tendons are involved. Both of them are from Plum Dragon Herbs at http://www.plumdragonherbs.com, a place which specializes in dit da jows. They're also have a new dit da jow specifically for sprains and such which might be pertinent to your case:
    http://www.plumdragonherbs.com/catal...products_id/89

If I apply the bruise dit da jow the same day I get the bruise, I can usually stop the bruise from ever appearing, that's how well it disperses the blood. The iron bone dit da jow speeds up the healing of bone bruises and tendons. I can feel the increased circulation after applying the stuff, but in a deeper, more subtle way than any camphor-based liniments. It also helps you avoid getting ugly hands after banging them up....

ive never really been convinced, were advided to apply di da every time we do wall bag training because it can stop bone problems when we get older.
    Anyone think this is the case?

the stuff works...

Well, you could do a search for dit da jow on the forums here and get a wide assortment of opinions and experiences from using DDJ. However, from personal experience, I've found most jows to be effective in reducing the time to heal a bruise and seems to also reduce the pain of injury as well as speed recovery. I've been using jow for years and now formulate my own. I've researched for years and now that I'm studying Acupuncture and herbs, what was once a surface level of understanding is now growing deeper as are my experiences with herbs and jow.

I gotta say, the stuff works. Some formulas work better than others... no doubt. But I've also used very simple formulas with great results (like, the basic 8 ingredients for moving blood and speeding healing) These formulae have been used and refined over the centuries... tried and true!

One thing I tend to shy away from is jow that costs a lot of money. It shouldn't. Herbs are cheap and so is the liquor used to make the preparation. The best jow I've used was relatively cheap (or free!).

peace

herb ox

oh and by the way...

Welcome the TCM forum, Shaolin Girl... I dig your avatar.

i broke my ankle and ruptured ligaments playing soccer 2 Octobers ago (sounded like a .22 going off). I went to the doctor, a sports doctor, and he wanted to look into surgery and said i would be casted for 12-16 weeks... I left and never went back. I went to my teacher who worked on it (almost puked) and gave me herbs to cook and apply for several hours a day along with using jow. I was walking within 5-6 weeks and doing kung fu by 8 weeks...he said if i had come to him sooner it would have healed faster ( i waited a week before i saw him). Took a full year for complete recovery...as in getting back the same explosive movement. I believe I would have had significant atrophy and loss of range of motion (or much time in rehab) had i followed the doctors advice...I know i would still be trying to get it back to 'normal' two years out. I kept the ankle moving pretty much within a day or two of the break and rupture.

Also took herbs to fix broken ribs when i was in China this year. If you have broken ribs you know how painful it is...cant even sleep at night. went to an herbal doc in HK and with in two visits the pain was completely gone. he cooked herbs for me to drink and after the second time within twenty minutes or so the pain got a little worse and then went away for good.
    ________
    Montana Dispensary
    Last edited by mantiskilla; 04-22-2011 at 06:04 AM.

sounds good,
    anybody recommend some cheap di ja available in the UK???
    if not then a good supplier with cheap UK delivery.
    would be much appreceated if youve had good sucess with some.

also what do u think of the theory thay the bruse damage goes into the bone, only to surface later in life as arthritis or a problem?

Exclamation

I can ship anywhere in the world if need be. I carry Mike Biggie's recipe, which is pretty **** good IMO.

Cheers
    Jake
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.com
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

I can vouch for Jake, his recipe is the best I have used. And it is all my school uses. Sorry Jake, but I go straight to Mike now.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"