Thread: Could you help me...

Arrow Could you help me...

Ive always found myself attracted to ma. I know some Muay Thai(because I know a guy that knows about 10 different ma) and I really want to learn more. But I dont know what I want to learn. I want to be able to pretty much lay the smack down on some people and defend myself if I ever get into a fight. I want it to be fighting while standing up. So could you help me? Also do you know of any good books on the subject so that I can read up on it and learn some stuff on it that way because I cant really take classes since I dont got the money. And dont suggest the guy who taught me cause I rarely see him since he is so hard to find.

Gracias

Any book by Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming. But your probably gonna need some formal training to understand most of what he says.

For Stand-Up Hands Game I'd say some good ol' Boxing Mantis, Splashing Hands. For Stand-Up Throwing I recommend Shuai Chiao. For Kicking, Muay Thai.

Shuai Chiao Videos:
    emptyflower.stanford.edu

Maybe Splashing Hands:
    www.internalkungfu.com
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

could you maybe explain the boxing mantis, and splashing hands more in depth? What do you think of Shaolin Chin Na? and also what about Jeet Kune Do?
    Last edited by Jeronimo; 02-03-2004 at 07:26 PM.

Splashing Hands is machine-gun, rolling punches. I like Mantis because of how direct and aggressive it is. JKD is cool, you should check out the JKD forum. Chin Na is good, just not by itself.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest