Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do when a gun is pointed at you?

What to do when a gun is pointed at you?

My friend/kung fu brother left his apartment a week ago going to work as usual. It was broad daylight when he was walking out to his car. Right when he opened his door to his car two men came up from behind him, pulled a gun on him, and stole his car. He didn't do anything but give up his car. I think he did the right thing?

What would you have done? Also, do you carry weapons on you to protect yourself when this happens? I believe he usually carries a knife on him, but didn't use it or even try to go for it.

The vast Martial Arts wasteland of central US
    Would have given up car, too.

About 10 years ago, there was a very well trained MA guy in our town, who decided he wasn't going to give in to a mugger with a gun. He tried to take the bad guy down. And he did it, but ended up with a stomach wound and died a day later.
    So end result--bad guy in jail, good guy dead.

I've been robbed at gun point and nothing material in this world is worth my life, limb or damaged organs.

Isn't there some maxim about not taking a knife to a gun fight?

First, I'd wet myself. And not that trickle-**** either, I'm talking a fugging jet-stream, race-horse blast of yellow snow mix.

Second, I'd give the mugger my keys, my decoy wallet (which generally has more money than my real wallet) and the address of my three richest friends.

I can handle myself in a fight, but I'm not quite convinced I'm bullet-proof. Maybe I will be after I get my Eight Immortals Boxing distance course tapes.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I agree, my sifu has 2 or 3 people pull guns on him and he survived by simply giving what the mugger wanted.

I have been in the presence of a gun being pulled but it wasn't pointed at me. I was pretty scared but was able to maintain and be calm. If the gun had been pointed directly at me that would have been a different story.

I've been robbed at gun point.

I was sitting on a stoop when 2 dudes came over to me and started going in my pockets, one went behind me and had a gun to my ribs and went into my left pocket. The other one went through my socks/shoes.

In total honesty, I'm not sure why, but even though he had a gun to me, I waited for him to pull something out of my pockets, and as soon as my money/keys/whatever were out in the open and in reach, I snatched em back out of his hand and went to jump off the stoop.

That didn't work out. On my take off the dude behind me, who was pretty big, snatched me up in a choke hold real quick.

Then I just said **** under my breath after trying to convince them I had no money, and let them rummage through my pockets and take off with about 300 in cash.

The point of this story?

I'm suprised I wasn't shot in the back. So just let em do what their gonna do. A bullet in the back isn't worth 3 in the bank or something.

Run like hell!

i'd pretend to be a retard and flop my willy around and touch his face with it.

I was just talking with my friend about this one. I think the smart thing to do is to cooperate with what he says and hope for the best. The only way I'd make a move is if it were my very last resort or he was threatening my family. You have to consider it is quicker to pull a trigger than to move in on a gun man...its not smart to make a move if all he wants is your wallet.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Dear Beloved Readers:

Depending on the situation, the smart thing to do is usually to hand over the requested bounty. However, there are situations as Mr. mortal has stated that require one to escape via foot. One such circumstance would be anyone pulling a gun and attempting to lure you into an automobile or other vehicle, especially if you are female. In this circumstance, the correct response is to run. Had the perpetrator wanted to kill you randomly and immediately, they would have already done so with little regard to their surroundings. No, in this circumstance, their motives are quite possibly to have their way with you prior to leaving you in a remote location. Therefore, by running from a villain that probably has no intent to actually kill you, you are making the correct choice. However, your results may vary.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Originally posted by dimmakseminar
    Dear Beloved Readers:

. . . results may vary.
    These words should be printed on the walls of EVERY martial arts school.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

What would you have done?
    Depends. If they want me to go somewhere I'll go for it, if they want to hurt my family I'll go for it, if the guy seems like he's going to shoot I'll go for it. There are other factors too.

Also, do you carry weapons on you to protect yourself when this happens? I believe he usually carries a knife on him, but didn't use it or even try to go for it.
    If your weapon isn't deployed it's too late. Also a knife or stick versus gun is a bad idea.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

RELAX

STAY CLAM

Re: RELAX

Dear Mr Redtornado:
    Originally posted by redtornado
    STAY CLAM
    Staying clam can be a good strategy, but a good, innovative defense might also require that you get out of your shell.

Sincerely,

dimmakseminar

Strictly speaking give him what he wants always. If he wants your life then one should make sure that he is out of the firing line first. Redirect his aim or move yourself out of this point of no return is the most reasonable discourse. While the cowboy is busy trying to re-aim, there is that precious time and space to do whatever you need...

Regards,
    PH

...like repeated haymakers to the wind pipe.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest