Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grounding Information

Ma_Xu_Zha Guest

Grounding Information

Been studying alot on electricity and working on computers and grounding static electricity.

Static electricity is a resting energy on the body that moves towards a ground.

It reminds me of something my chinese doctor use to say when peoples energy 'rubs off of you.' A individual or group energy can influence you so you should ground and discharge the bad chi. For example, you massage a person, their bad energy can affect your own energy. So the recommendation is to ground yourself with something that is grounded (metal pole in ground, sink pipe, metallic objects) and transfer that 'sick' energy off of you so it doesnt 'stick' to your energy.

The doctor explained something about patient energy in all sizes. thats why she seperated doing group accupunture between chinese groups and american groups of people because the energies as a whole were treated completely different.

an extreme case of being stuck in a groups energy is very often seen in like being stuck in a group mind like a cult group, people eventually lose their individuality and become followers without their own consciousness to rely on.

Just wanted to say that be sure to discharge by grounding yourself, bad chi energy can collect on you rub off of you. I was wondering if any of your teachers/doctors have mentioned anything about grounding your chi energy?

Kung Lek Guest

interesting

Hi-

I am familiar with your hypothesis on this subject.
    There are a variety of Chi Kung exercises that develoop "defensive" chi quite well in terms of exactly what you are talking about whereby your chi is repulsive to negative influence.
    This can manifest directly into your own character and behaviours as well and will further manifest in your ability to sense and ward off negative influence before it even gets near you.

The ideas of using foriegn materials to ground oneself is an ancient one (talismens, objects of "magic" etc).

I think that as a practitioner develops their defensive chi to an apex the need for talismens becomes moot.

peace

Kung Lek

GLW Guest
    I am not sure about taking it that far...but I do know from a personal perspective that while learning Qi Gong, I have seen my health improve greatly...and at the same time, my susceptibility to static shocks has gone way up. I get shocked walking from my office chair to my office door...8 feet. I get shocked getting out of my car.

My teacher laughs at it and has said that it is a by product of good practice for some people...and I just have to learn to live with it.

Shocking....

ddh Guest

bad chi

I'm sure there are as of yet unfound methods of getting rid of bad chi in the exchange that happens between healer and patient. I can't comment on the talismans or such "lucky charms" or the grounding by metal but I can comment of the experience of Yang, Meijun of Wild Goose chi gung fame. She healed a cancer patient in Beijing many years ago. For each hour of massage she gave she had to practice five hours of meditation to get rid of the bad chi. The mixing of energies between two people goes rather deep especially when there is a laying on of hands. My own chinese doctor who is also my internal arts teacher has as little direct contact with his patients as possible in his treatments. I think deep understandings and developments in the healer enables them to cleanse themselves of bad chi. I wish it were as simple as grasping iron or such methods but 20 years of message practice and several years of study and practice in Chinese Medicine has not given me any easy solutions.

Ma_Xu_Zha Guest

Other techniques for expelling collected bad energy

Flicking your hands is a common technique ive seen used by both massage teachers and taoist yoga teachers to expell bad energy out of the body. Goulin qigong, a walking chi kung uses exercise walking really fast and flicking the arms to the sides of the body to 'purge' bad chi energy. the other set is done more slow like taiji and is used to 'gather and nourish the chi'.

origenx Guest
    MaXuZha - sounds like you got a good teacher. I've heard the same thing about energy being transferred from casual contact or healing and the need to get rid of it. That's why you have to be very careful when healing. But, I hadn't heard of you being able to expel it thru electrical grounding.

I also hadn't heard of differences in Oriental vs American qi. Is there really a difference, and if so, what exactly?

Ma_Xu_Zha Guest

orginx

Well not actually electrical grouding like a technician that uses Electrical static discharge grounding techniques that neutralizes electricity , more like a healer allowing the bad patient energy to be transferred into the ground or flicked off into nature or the sky to be transformed and neutralized by the earth, sun or stars. metal, like grabbing a pole technique does absorb negative ions correct? and water can change negative ions.

I also hadn't heard of differences in Oriental vs American qi. Is there really a difference, and if so, what exactly?

american qi is more 'empty fire' more of the combined extremes of yin and yang, a patient has both cold and hot (fire) symptoms. chinese is more 'cold' or 'hot' at one either end of the scale, a patient is either cold energy or hot (fire) energy, not combinations of both.

origenx Guest
    Ma Xu Zha - Hmm...interesting. You think the difference is "genetic" or perhaps due to lifestyle & diet? Like, do Chinese-Americans here living Western-style typically have American or Oriental type qi then?

Ma_Xu_Zha Guest

orginx

chinese americans are now becoming closer to american diet, unless the parents and grandparents eat the indeginous diet, but the american food like fast food is rapidly changing the way families are.

ddh Guest

Ma_Xu_Zha

Empty fire? Are you referring to heat that resides high up in the body when the Kidneys are Yin deficient?

Ma_Xu_Zha Guest

ddh

Yes thats part of it, but it also means the beginning of something worse it they persist with 'empty fire', prolonged empty fire causes cold energy to go deep in the body while the patient exibits fire symptoms. It becomes harder to balance.

the deficent kidney energy cause the persons heat to rise in the head and make them think and think stuff all day with being physically weak to actually do some of the things they are thinking, thats a classical 'empty fire' personaility trait as well as being 'perfectionistic.'

origenx Guest
    MaXuZha - "Empty fire" is like boiling a pot with no water?

Hmm, overthinking and perfectionism - uh oh, sounds familiar...

brucelee2 Guest
    Ma Xu Zha-

That empty fire kidney thing sounds like something a friend of mine has. What's the recommended treatment for it?

thanks

woliveri Guest

Treatment for empty fire

I believe the analogy origenx gave about the pot with no water in it is a good one. So what to do about that (outside of seeing a Doctor of Chinese Medicine)? Reduce or eliminate the excessive sexual lifestyle which depletes kidney jing/yin. Meditation to help balance the body. There could be many reasons why this is happening which is why it's good to visit a Doctor of TCM to get a diagnosis.

There is no spoon. "The Matrix"
    There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path. "The Matrix"

Repulsive Monkey Guest

Empty fire

First the heat needs to be cleared and then the empty needs to be tonified to make the energy fuller. But very importantly, the heat needs to be expelled from the body before all else.