Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Police Special (March/April 2004)

Hey Simon

You know, this forum is a novel way to interact with our readers and obviously, I've been really having a lot of fun with it. But it's still nice to get a letter or email that is specifically composed for possible publication in our print magazine. Since we created this forum, fewer people submit letters (or emails) with that purpose anymore, but we're still open to it. Obviously, something like this thread topic wouldn't make for a good letter (but it makes a great thread - thanks Philbert!)

It's funny too, that since the forum came up, I've been getting more 'threats' about writing letters. I'm sure you've seen them at the end of some of the threads. They almost never follow through.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

KC**only if its leather.

Philbert**good for you second jobs are somewhat good..just no time really to have for yourself. i used to bartend on the weekends and it was tiring..working 6 days a week here and 2 days on the weekend. its tiring..but good luck. i need to get a computer too.

I really like shaolin kungfu....the whole style just fascinates me. love to ready about it. dats my input...hehehe

Gene***good times....good times

Originally posted by M_ArtsMargie
    KC**only if its leather.
    Gene, you need to fly with this one. It's pure gold, I tell ya, pure gold!

You can have the "leather and lei tai" issue.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

leather and lei tai

You guys gotta remember that I worked on Folsom street in SF for years. You know, SF? Where all the gay marraiges are going down this very minute? For those not in the know, Castro maybe the 'gay' district, but Folsom is the leather district. I could tell you stories about Folsom that would chap your hides. Seriously. You really don't want to go there with me.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

So what you are saying is that you're going to throw a fetish party, with lei tai fights as the special atraction....
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Re: leather and lei tai

Originally posted by GeneChing
    You guys gotta remember that I worked on Folsom street in SF for years. You know, SF? Where all the gay marraiges are going down this very minute? For those not in the know, Castro maybe the 'gay' district, but Folsom is the leather district. I could tell you stories about Folsom that would chap your hides. Seriously. You really don't want to go there with me.
    But it's alright if I go there with Margie, right?
    I have a signature.

I'm telling you...

...you DO NOT want to hear my Folsom stories...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Yeah, it's OK Gene.... let it go, it was a long time ago...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

I never asked to hear the Folsom stories, I simply asked if it would be ok if I went with Margie.
    I have a signature.

The Folsom Street Fair

Actually, Margie and I were once talking about getting a booth at the Folsom Street fair to try and sell some Iron crotch gear. It was sort of a ruse on my part - she has no idea what she'd be in for at Folsom St. I had worked there for a few years before I actually went to the fair and I was shocked. SHOCKED. In fact, I feel that once there, you can never go all the way back. I just couldn't do that to young innocent Margie.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Now you make me want to go all the more.
    I have a signature.

Re: leather and lei tai

Originally posted by GeneChing
    I could tell you stories about Folsom that would chap your hides.
    Or hide our chaps?

Now we're delving into Gene's dark past. This is the really dangerous stuff. Finally our forum time promises to pay off.
    I would use a blue eyed, blond haired Chechnyan to ruin you- Drake on weapons

I had a friend who was into S & m and got her to pst here once. She wanted somene to come to her house and beat her with here telescope. Aren't those things expensive? Anyway it all got deleted and this is probably a good thing her profile
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

not much of a profile...

OK, so here';s a little story, not even a good one, but just a tease/taste. We had our plubming go out once at the Armoury so no one could use the bathroom. It knocked out several places in the neighborhood. So there was this guy working there, an FNG from out of state, nice clean-cut fencer, didn't last long. Anyway, he had to go #2 REAL bad, so he goes to the bar next door, the one with the leather curtain *warning! leather curtains!* now keep in mind this is midweek, in the afternoon. he walks in and there are some guys in full leather at the bar and it's like the star wars cantina when obiwan cuts that alien's hand off - only everyone is checking him out, head to toe and everything in between. he sheepish asks for the bathroom and when he goes in, there are no stalls, just toilets and some guys follow him in. he clamps down all his orifices as hard as he can and runs to the exit in terror. he was so badly traumatized that we quit soon after.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

OK...Gene, can you clear up a little stupidness from the new issue?

In the "10 things about Qi" article, it says paintings of the monks do not show them with six-pack abs because Qigong gives you a nice round belly. However, the bronze statues at Shaolin show six-pack abs, like this picture:

So which is it?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.