Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dummy height

I have a question about the dummies height? I am not so much concerned about the actual height, instead I am looking at the position of the practitioner when determining the height.
    If I am in the Ma bow (horse stance) , my center balance will be about an inch half lower than it is when I normally standing. So when I am measuring myself for the mook jong, do I stand before it,or do I get into my Ma bow?
    It just might be, that we are disagreeing on the same topic. At different points of view. (I doubt it, but you never know!?.)
    Sincerely yours. C.A.G.

P.S
    Phenix
    Thank your veiws, you realy made me think . I will reply when Ive strightened out my thoughts.
    C.A.G.

Nipple height for upper arms and tan tien height for lower arm. This is done in order for you to have a natural central point to perform your techniques. We try not to reach for an opponent for that weakens your technique. You must adjust to an opponents height and arm/leg length without reaching.

Originally posted by Sam
    Nipple height for upper arms and tan tien height for lower arm. This is done in order for you to have a natural central point to perform your techniques. We try not to reach for an opponent for that weakens your technique. You must adjust to an opponents height and arm/leg length without reaching.
    Same for us, Sam.
    - kj

Hello
    I am sorry. Perhaps I didnt ask the question clear enough.
    ARE YOU in a stance (Mabo?Horse stance) when measureing the height for the dummy,or are you just standing before the Dummy?

You see if you measure the dummy while standing, then lower your center of balance the arms would not be the same height as you explained.(the nipple height would realy be at mid-shoulder height and the lower arm would be around the solar-plexas level)

Curious minds want to know??? ;-) Think about it, before you give a text book anser. What dose it realy mean?And WHY DO you do what you do?

Most of the time knowing WHY is far more inporant than knowing how. Im just asking a question not trying to judge witch is right.

C.A.G.
    C.A.G.

Originally posted by curtis
    Hello
    I am sorry. Perhaps I didnt ask the question clear enough.
    ARE YOU in a stance (Mabo?Horse stance) when measureing the height for the dummy,or are you just standing before the Dummy?
    Sunken in training stance.

Regards,
    - kj

Thank you.

sincerly. C.A.G.
    C.A.G.