Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rise/Sink/Open/Close

Rise/Sink/Open/Close

I read the phrase from one of Jim R.'s posts. I wonder if you can help me on the meaning of "open/close of the body". How do you do them? I'm not familiar with these terms. Thanks.

Regards,
    PH

buy this and it comes with open close suck and spit.......

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Prod...8000&langId=-1

Ha! Ha! You must be working for these companies, Hendrik. It's bad enough that I spend a good fortune on the pillow already, now this? What is spit and suck or swallow in plain body mechanics, por favor?

Regards,
    PH

Originally posted by PaulH
    Ha! Ha! You must be working for these companies, Hendrik. It's bad enough that I spend a good fortune on the pillow already, now this? What is spit and suck or swallow in plain body mechanics, por favor?

Regards,
    PH

I will go to almost a week of meditation camp in Maui Hana.
    Hope that I dont get enlightement and turn into Buddha. I still love Hi Tech.

So, I got the air mat on sale.... and it does teaches Open and close and spit out and suck also... when you inflate or deflate it....

See, the Reiki master saw a light shine to his forheade and he got enlightement.
    Now a days, there are lots of sages in the cave..

http://totalescape.com/gear/lights/petzl.html

but if you buy this

http://www.tvhaseverything.com/bodybow.html

when I come back, incase I didnt become buddha. I will teach you all about energy release Open Close.. Sink Rise....and how to use your back.... thigh..... and this is a great intrument to make you feel wrap around with Jing but will not have broken edge.
    Last edited by Phenix; 02-10-2004 at 04:34 PM.

Re: Rise/Sink/Open/Close

I read the phrase from one of Jim R.'s posts. I wonder if you can help me on the meaning of "open/close of the body". How do you do them? I'm not familiar with these terms. Thanks.

Regards,
    PH
    Hi Paul,

Oopen/close are common Taijiquan terms exemplifiying the Yin/Yang paired opposites of growing/shrinking, expanding/contracting, and lengthening/shortening.

I don't find them applicable in a Wing Chun context. They have to do with the much different body mechanics of the so-called Nei jia (internal) arts. They'd destroy our Wing Chun structure IMHO because they entail rocking back and forth and sinking and rising with the application of jing.

Just my opinion, of course.

Regards,
    Uber Field Marshall Grendel

Mm Yan Chi Dai---The Cantonese expression Mm Yan Chi Dai, translates to "Misleading other people's children." The idiom is a reference to those teachers who claim an expertise in an art that they do not have and waste the time and treasure of others.

Wing Chun---weaponized Chi (c)

Re: Re: Rise/Sink/Open/Close

Originally posted by Grendel

I don't find them applicable in a Wing Chun context.

Regards,

I disagree

See, every move at any instant has a resultant force of strech open, shring close, rising erec, sink shrink, forward, backward.

All these 6 vectors have to be balance or Zhong. That is the begining of the energy paradigm.

Say, if someone jam one's wrist and trying to presure one's wrist inward toward one. some might react to it or response to it by changing lines/angle to neutralize .....

for those who has the capability of mastering this 6 vectors in the same instant. they can bounce the jammer in no time without even has to change lines.... change angle. they just balance the resultant and make use of the presure from the other as a link to send energy back....

sure that is another paradigm ... The play ground of those Alchemist of WCK like Gm Yip Man level or above....

Changing line and re angle are just too slow compare with the manual of the resultant force.... if the changing line and re angle is not purposely strategically to seduce others to be trap.

side step to avoid or slip side neutralize is not advance. often one cannot pick up the forward momentum while side step or slip side... and the opponent has crush in and one's structure will then totally colapse. the side step and slip side is nice in theoritical idealistic, that is because the momentum and pick up speed..... was not in the picture.

Knowing the various force vectors, resultant forces, and balance is a must. otherwise, one will never be able to stop a determine inrush... one will end up in groud for sure. No chance to side step.

Just some thought.
    Last edited by Phenix; 02-10-2004 at 04:49 PM.

Hendrik has a point, Recieve what comes and sending off what goes. Sounds like swallow\spit to me. The spacial realities may be differant but what drives the action would be the same. Expand and contract or open and close or sink and rise. It is all about energies\actions that drive direction\reaction in my eyes. Nice views on energy guys!
    Just thinking out loud!

Paul,

all those sink rise forward backward open close happen in the same times from different direction.

If anyone break them into single component and trying to understand it. One will be totally lose.

Look at the Ying Yang fish picture. within yang there is ying, within Ying that is yang. never 50-50 but always balance out.

why no 50-50 because live flow is never static. the beauty of never 50-50 is that it keep itself balance and continous to flow non stop. it is a dynamic stuffs. thus, cannot look at it with any single component.

IMHO. You dont agreee, ask the ancestors.
    In the mean time, by that air mat and the body bow.

When you pull a body bow, is it open or close in term of force? think and feel it...... thus buy that body bow.

The paradigm shift is not in the Kiu but about penetrate direct through the energy body.... it is about those resultant force.

That is the reason I bring up White CRane, that is the reason I bring up Emei 12 post......... open close and sink rise is the term of Emei 12 post... BTW, sink and rise always involve open and close...

I dont care about where the art from but I would like to tap into the WCK alchemy, and I wish everyone can tap in.....

Advance WCK, shifting Yee is shifting lines and angle. Thus, it is in Yee and beyond the physical but always make the best use of the physical.

Believe it or not.
    Last edited by Phenix; 02-10-2004 at 07:14 PM.

Those are very advanced stuffs indeed and sound logical! My only concern is can you prove it? Did you see your Sifu doing these fantastic stuffs? Can you do them? Help my unbelief! Really!

Regards,
    PH

My only concern is can you prove it? --------------P

May be that's why I am going to Maui to meditate. So, Buddha will then teach me after I got enlightement. But then If I got enlightenment I will not coming back to teach you.

Did you see your Sifu doing these fantastic stuffs?------------P

Even one see one's sifu doing it for 10000x that doesnt mean one can do it.

Can you do them? ----- P

Wrong question,

the question should be how come one can describe San Jose's detail so clearly?

and the answer is because one is in San Jose.

Well, then go to San Jose to look for yourself. :P
    Last edited by Phenix; 02-10-2004 at 05:32 PM.

Ha! Ha! Okay, so how can you describe the details so clearly. You folks in San Jose must have beautiful blue sky more often than our congested and foggy LA.

Regards,
    PH

P.S. You got me hooked! I'll see if I can arrange to go there during my vacation period in the next few months! I'll call you first. Thanks.
    Last edited by PaulH; 02-10-2004 at 05:45 PM.

You folks in San Jose must have beautiful blue sky more often than our congested and foggy LA.

Regards,
    PH

You got it wrong.

I go to MAUI. or grasping the cloud in Emei.

Originally posted by Phenix

You got it wrong.

I go to MAUI. or grasping the cloud in Emei.
    before you go..... (see attached)

Originally posted by yylee

before you go..... (see attached)
    Yes. That is Goldern Summit Temple of Emei the SLT's grandma home , the place swim within the cloud.