Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The tenth animal of CLF?

Is it possible that the 10th animal in the 10 Animal form is the tiger cub and the individual biu ying kuen form is a deer?

Not sure anyone knows the individual 10 forms. We don't have a 10-animal form so I can't comment on it but there are 10 individual animal forms aside from the 5-animal and 10-animal sets.

Quote Originally Posted by CLFNole View Post
    Is it possible that the 10th animal in the 10 Animal form is the tiger cub and the individual biu ying kuen form is a deer?

Not sure anyone knows the individual 10 forms. We don't have a 10-animal form so I can't comment on it but there are 10 individual animal forms aside from the 5-animal and 10-animal sets.
    Good point. So maybe there are actually 11 animals of CLF?

EO

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Olson View Post
    Good point. So maybe there are actually 11 animals of CLF?

EO
    There are actually 13, including the flying squirrel
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Don't forget the Golden ****roach... oh know what is that I hear the shaolin do guys will be coming.

That is an insect so it wouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Lama Pai Sifu View Post
    people can say what they want, but it doesn't change the fact that it is a tiger cub. Most of those posting here have not learned it, and you are having discussions about what you think it is, based on the chinese character?

Eric Olsen, your teacher told you and you were suspect? And Red Mantis; you were told it was a mythological creature by whom? And it sounds like you want to believe that. Its a tiger cub everyone....let it go.
    Mike,

First off, I don't understand how anything that has been handed down through generations, can be considered absolute fact. We have all been witness to and sometimes a part of "my form is the original, never modified, pure version" and we all know that the "fact" is it may or may not be true but we have no means of validating, 100%, such a comment. So, to me, everything is up for debate.

As for my discussion about the Biu, yes I learned the form in 1993 and based on that "fact" I still don't believe the animal to be a Tiger-Cub. The Biu that I learned does not bring to mind a young animal; it is a fierce, very strong, unrelenting form; there's no playfulness, no timid behavior, NO cub like features. In relation, the character when used descriptively, conveys the image of a big, powerful, muscular man (a pro football lineman, not Oscar dela Hoya). Also, maybe I used the wrong word but, I did not mean to imply that the creature was mythological (imaginary, fictitious). To me there's a slightly different implication to mythical (something considered myth but based upon more reliable evidence). So, my personal thought here as to what the Biu might have actually been was maybe a now extinct or rarely sighted tiger species (i.e. the South China Tiger, Sumatran Tiger, etc) as opposed to a more common tiger which our Tiger forms are based upon.

Either way, I'm not trying to change anyones mind on the subject, just trying to get some good varied opinions and to see how the story differs form style to style, from lineage to lineage, etc.

Steven Perez
    S5CBA

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    There are actually 13, including the flying squirrel
    Lol...and don't forget the plum flower and the 25 other plant forms of CLF.

EO

I thought the plant forms were inner-backdoor training secrets?
    A unique snowflake

Quote Originally Posted by redmantis3 View Post

...maybe a now extinct or rarely sighted tiger species (i.e. the South China Tiger, Sumatran Tiger, etc) as opposed to a more common tiger which our Tiger forms are based upon.
    I wonder if the word might have originally meant another type of wildcat, perhaps a kind of lynx.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    I wonder if the word might have originally meant another type of wildcat, perhaps a kind of lynx.
    Its been a few years since I had the conversation with Sifu Mak but I think he originally told me it was something like a wolf. He drew the character and when I looked it up it said Tiger-Cub, but I think you are right that this isn't a perfect translation for what it actually means.

Cheers,

EO

Maybe it was an Asian Fishing Cat
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 05-21-2008 at 12:39 PM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

it's so obviously the rare bald *****:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

it really depends upon the lineage, in some schools the bald pussy is replaced by the trouser worm

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    it really depends upon the lineage, in some schools the bald pussy is replaced by the trouser worm

Yeah, you can keep those schools, my my cub-of-tea.
    Speaking of tea bagging:
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Last time I had tea at your place, it tasted all fishy!

It seems there is no certainty of what biu / biao is. How about snake, what kind of snake (s) of your solo, combined 10 animal forms? Python, cobra, water/sea snake…….. or just any kind?